Author Topic: Question about National Geographic Magizines.... :+}  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Danny

• View Profile
Question about National Geographic Magizines.... :+}
« on: December 27, 2013, 12:26:46 pm »
Wanted to post this in the Coffee shop, but wouldn't let me post a pic.  Hope this be OK. ?

While sorting out our spare bedroom which is a collect all I ran across a full box of
National Geographic mags in Perfectly New Condition.  They range from ..1981 thru 1989..
The belonged to my Father In Law who has long been deceased.  He lived with our family for years and years.  Anyway my Question....Hope one of you are familiar with this subject and can lead me on to MAYBE RICHES.  LOL  Hope.....Maybe.... 

Thanks for any Assistance.  Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline mainberg

• Better than drivers' license pix
    • View Profile
    • Photo Bucket
Re: Question about National Geographic Magizines.... :+}
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 05:15:19 pm »
I wouldn't spend the "riches" just yet. So many of the magazines were saved in the past, doubt there is any demand.
Another example. We had bought the Encyclopedia Britannica in 1957 and the years books until 2000. When we were getting ready for the Estate Sale, the person in charge said to put them in the dumpster. They would not sell. Have not figured out what they had cost. Doesn't matter now.
Everything is on the Internet. But, I still like the feel of holding a real book. And will admit to owning a Kindle.
Pat B

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 07:58:26 pm »
I agree with Pat....best thing might be donate to a library, school or Senior Living Center!
I had my dad's collection from 1941 thru 1970 and NOBODY  wanted them.

For example, Christmas morning we were talking about a particular subject and before the discussion ended three of the assembled group had googled the subject on their 'tablets' and the host even printed out the info wirelessly for us!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Malistar22

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 09:56:22 am »
And I will be number three. Even a quick search on eBay is showing about 12 bucks for a full year of them (ranging from the 1970's and earlier). You might get 30 bucks for the whole lot if you sell them there. Personally, I would try there first.

SMF

Teknoromi