Author Topic: Welcome Key Holder  (Read 1272 times)

countryscroller

Welcome Key Holder
« on: May 18, 2014, 07:56:16 am »
A simple, yet affect project to make. The link takes you to youtube where I show how to make it. If you are new on here and seeing this post, I have many scrolling videos on my youtube page and I just show how to make simple projects. Enjoy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dw0VYDIfQo&list=UULAxz24dFceU8bIyUf_SQDw

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
Re: Welcome Key Holder
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 08:35:15 am »
Very nicely done Dustin.  Thanks for sharing this with us.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline Caribbean Scroller

• View Profile
    • http://www.woodartz.blogspot.com
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 09:11:11 am »
you did a great job.

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 09:49:47 am »
Great save.  Just my 2 cents.  I would have done a round over on the backer board or an ogee cut with my router to dress it up a little but yours turned out nice as well.

I'm always amazed that you don't use a sacrificial piece under your work when you drill and spray lacquer directly on your work bench.  In time you will begin to notice quite a bit of build up.  Do you sand it down from time to time?  I always have a protective layer on top of my bench.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 10:40:13 am »
nice work Dustin

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

countryscroller

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 03:25:05 pm »
Great save.  Just my 2 cents.  I would have done a round over on the backer board or an ogee cut with my router to dress it up a little but yours turned out nice as well.

I'm always amazed that you don't use a sacrificial piece under your work when you drill and spray lacquer directly on your work bench.  In time you will begin to notice quite a bit of build up.  Do you sand it down from time to time?  I always have a protective layer on top of my bench.
Thank you all, I actually didn't drill through that bench, I moved it and drilled onto another board off camera. The spray doesn't affect me much, if I spray something that is larger than this, I usually put it on a cardboard piece and spray on the floor. Just a little thing like this doesn't need special attention :) If I had more room in my shop, I would make a designated spray booth.

tdpainter

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 08:45:55 pm »
Nice work thanks for sharing it with us.

SMF

Teknoromi