Author Topic: Greetings from Sealy, TX  (Read 1619 times)

denis_muras

Greetings from Sealy, TX
« on: April 19, 2010, 09:08:35 am »
A Hello to Steve Good's Scrollsaw Forum,

I am Denis Muras from Sealy, TX and I have been an avid woodworker for about 35 years. I started with my father as a carpenter and never stopped. I make a number of pieces, some with a scrollsaw. I also like to give scrollsaw demonstrations at various events that involve woodworking. This past weekend, April 16-17, 2010, I was promoting the Woodworker's Club of Houston (http://www.wwch.org) at The Woodworker's Show in Houston/Katy.

Take a look at my website, http://d-mwoodcraft.itgo.com to see a good representation of my work.

Enjoy,

Denis

Lydia

Re: Greetings from Sealy, TX
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 09:13:43 am »
Hi Denis!  I am in Houston, close to Katy and Cypress.  I've heard about you!  I'm somewhat new to the scrollsaw world.  I haven't done much with wood but I read a lot.  I hope to get to meet you one day.  I'll have to look for the next Woodworkers show.

Lydia

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 09:54:28 am »
He Denis, welcome to the blog. I just spent some time on your website. Very nice work.

mark1945

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 10:05:23 am »
  Hi Dennis
I think I saw you in Katy on Sat at the Wood Show.my wife and i were up there looking for new tools to add to our collection.

denis_muras

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 10:22:50 am »
Thanks to all who commented on my site and my work.

Lydia, I hope that you can stop by and visit with us on Apr 24. We have a scrollsaw group that meets the 4th Saturday of the month at Woodcraft, SW (Beltway 8 and SouthWest Freeway). We start at 9:20 AM.

I had the opportunity to talk to so many people this past weekend I can hardly keep up...

Thanks,

Denis

DBassnBanjoMan

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 11:38:39 am »
Nice work Denis!

You guys are so lucky to have scrolling groups. We could definitely do with some in the UK. I'm sure you can pick up so much more actually face to face

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 08:44:58 pm »
Hi I'm Russ. Hello from Florida. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum. Jump in and get your feet wet.
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline Ablade

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 10:50:19 pm »
Hi Denis.  Thanks for the push for the club.  See you Sat.  I hope we get some folks from this forum to visit us.

Norm

denis_muras

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 10:50:57 pm »
Hey Norm,

I do plan on being at Woodcraft SW Saturday morning. I think we had a great turnout this past weekend. I need to look at the Woodworking Shows website to see if they have the Show-Off picture....

Denis

denis_muras

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 10:53:39 pm »
Norm,

I am pictured on the homepage of The Woodworking Show website.

http://www.thewoodworkingshows.com

Recognition???

Denis

SMF

Teknoromi