Author Topic: Hello from San Diego  (Read 980 times)

chief

Hello from San Diego
« on: April 21, 2010, 12:18:13 am »
Well I have enjoyed Steve's video's on YouTube and now a forum.  I am in the Navy and I am getting back into woodworking.  My last hobby was cars but they are too expensive.

thelt

Re: Hello from San Diego
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 05:29:54 am »
Hey, Chief. Retired Chief here on the east coast. Always like to see a fellow sailor. I was into cars, in particular, corvette's. You're right, too expensive. Then motorcycles, again, expensive. I still have my motorcycle for economical transportation. Now enjoy woodworking. Fair winds and following seas, my friend.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 08:48:47 pm »
Hi I'm Russ from Florida. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum. Jump in and get your feet wet.  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

kp91

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 10:45:28 am »
Chief,

I'm a civilian mariner, who takes his scrolling to see with him.  It's the only power tool that I can carry with me.

[attachment deleted by admin]

chief

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 10:53:13 am »
Thats pretty cool you can take your saw with you.  I wish they would let me do that, no then I would never get any job related work done.  We would have all kinds of neat scrollsaw pictures around the ship though.
Where are you homeported at?

kp91

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 11:13:03 am »
Chief,

I live in VA, but my ship usually sails on the west coast.  For most of the past decade I've been running SFO to Portland Or, with occasional trips to Hawaii, Canada, LA, and the Gulf of Mexico.

SMF

Teknoromi