Author Topic: Arpop  (Read 1358 times)

Offline ddockstader

• View Profile
Arpop
« on: November 18, 2020, 12:33:16 am »
For those of you who don't know, there are a few other sources for scroll saw patterns. None as good as Steve's. His is the gold standard. But I used to go to Arpop as well:

http://fssp-arpop.blogspot.com

The problem is I haven't been there for a few years. Life just got in the way and I didn't go back. Well, now I'm trying to get back and there is a problem. No, I haven't forgotten my password. Nothing that simple. It's just that Arpop doesn't recognize ME! The site keeps trying to use my gmail account, which is one I didn't have when I was accessing the site. I don't think I even had a Google account at that time. Anyway, I thought I could just send him an email and maybe he could check his records and let me in. I've tried everything I can think of to find a way to contact him for the last couple of months and I've got nothing. It's not that I don't know my way around the Internet. I was on the Internet when it was the Arpanet and I spent 30 years working on and with computers and networks. But, honestly, I could contact Queen Elizabeth II on her private email easier than I contact Arpop. So I am putting out a request for anyone who has access to Arpop to see if they can find a way that I could be invited back into his good graces. If anyone can help me out, I would be very appreciative. Thanks.

Offline rfielder

• View Profile
Re: Arpop
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 10:44:14 am »
It does seem to default to your gmail account - I have no idea how it got mine when I tried your link.

On the line showing my email account, there is a link to "sign in with a different account".  Would that work for you?
Brampton, Ontario, Canada

Offline ddockstader

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 02:30:14 pm »
I tried a different email address. It still has to be gmail, but since none of my gmail accounts are recognized, I'm still locked out. Is there anything available once you actually can sign on that allows you to contact the powers that be to ask about how you get someone else invited in? I mean, somewhere they have to allow you to get the secret handshake. Thanks.
Dave

Offline KarlB

• Naples, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 06:42:16 pm »
You might consider using the "Wayback Machine" website.

I just went on there and typed in "arpop".  The last captures appear to be from 2016.  Maybe the site no longer exists as it once did.

When I clicked your link it says the same about the gmail account.  Thing is I never was on the site with my Gmail account because it is relatively new and it's been years since I was on arpop site.

So here is the first link I clicked on:  https://web.archive.org/web/20190725135108/http://fssp-arpop.blogspot.com/

You can pretty much use it to find downloads as well.  I clicked through some links and got the PDF for state ornaments for instance.

See if that helps.

Karl

Offline ddockstader

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 03:14:25 am »
Karl,
You're a genius. I thought the sight was still active, but this at least gets me in to some of the patterns I was looking for. Thanks a bunch.
Dave

Offline KarlB

• Naples, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2020, 07:02:10 pm »
Glad to help!

Karl

Offline justlarry

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2020, 10:29:59 am »