Author Topic: My Favorite Woodworker  (Read 3286 times)

countryscroller

My Favorite Woodworker
« on: February 13, 2013, 09:05:34 pm »
A short video of my favorite woodworker. I would like to know who some of your guys' favorite woodworkers are. Next vid will have some scrolling in it. Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3wEzD2_SSc

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
Re: My Favorite Woodworker
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 12:45:26 am »
STEVE GOOD for getting me into this craft / hobby and MARMOH for KEEPING me in it!
Dustin the best part of your videos is the banjo picking. LOL
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 04:55:34 am »
It's Steve for me too,
started scrolling a few years ago and Steve's website did helped me to get in to it.
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 07:37:10 am »
My father, Russell E Claridy Sr. Not only did he get me started woodworking, but if it wasn't for him I wouldn't be here. LOL  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

flockshot

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 10:00:50 am »
Matthias Wandel at woodgears.ca
Woodworking inventions and projects

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 06:40:57 pm »
My wife!  She doesn't do any wood working at all, but she does give me an enthusiastic fan club and purpose for the things I build.  If she wasn't around, I wouldn't have any reason to do what I do.  Right now I am building her a tall shaker clock.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 12:11:43 am »
My wife!  She doesn't do any wood working at all, but she does give me an enthusiastic fan club and purpose for the things I build.  If she wasn't around, I wouldn't have any reason to do what I do.  Right now I am building her a tall shaker clock.

Bill it sounds like you had better keep her around, without her you'd be going in circles and meet your self coming and going.
I know how that feels.  ;D
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 11:45:39 am »
You might be right Gabby!  I think I would just have to sell the house & everything and go live on a boat.  Get back into diving and spearfishing and riding motorcycles and all the things that are too dangerous for me to do now.  Maybe I wouldn't give up the shop.  I knew a guy once who lived in a storage unit.  I could always rent a unit, move in a small camper and sleep in it.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 03:19:09 am »
You might be right Gabby!  I think I would just have to sell the house & everything and go live on a boat.  Get back into diving and spearfishing and riding motorcycles and all the things that are too dangerous for me to do now.  Maybe I wouldn't give up the shop.  I knew a guy once who lived in a storage unit.  I could always rent a unit, move in a small camper and sleep in it.

All this from a guy who plays with rattlesnakes and alligators.  ;D ;D ;D
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 11:46:21 pm »
6 foot rattlesnakes don't give me a twitch Gabby.  Brave is living somewhere with cold and snow like you!  I couldn't hack that!

rob roy

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2013, 05:05:17 am »
Hi Bill the Diver. Maybe you should come to Scotland. You wouldn't even get bored with the weather, as we can get all four seasons within an hour. If the tourists complain about it we just tell them to wait for five minutes and it will change.LOL.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Rob Roy.

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2013, 05:55:13 pm »
Thanks for the invitation Rob, but we get all 4 seasons here to: Grouper season, snook season, trout season, and snapper season.  The gators like tourist season.  They keep asking us to send more down.

rob roy

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2013, 06:10:53 pm »
Hi Bill, it's the HAGGIS season that's very popular here. Any time of year, Hail, rain snow or shine and of course Burns Night.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Rob Roy.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 06:13:15 pm by rob roy »

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2013, 01:39:38 am »
Hi Bill, it's the HAGGIS season that's very popular here. Any time of year, Hail, rain snow or shine and of course Burns Night.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Rob Roy.

Rob Tell us again what all Haggis is made up from. It sounds so yummy.  LOL
I'll take my little piece of heaven here anytime over what Scotland throws at you, I don't have enough warm clothes to put on to keep from freezing to death over there. I go around in a T-shirt under a Polo Shirt and with a heavy sweat shirt over that on most of our cold days, if it gets really nasty I put on a jacket and gloves and I'm good to go. If I need more than that I stay in the house!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Florida Bill we do get a few buzz tails here too but nothing like the warmer climates where they have a longer growing season. I doubt they even hibernat down there do they?
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2013, 08:12:52 am »
It's catching the little varmints that is the problem, because the left legs are smaller than the right legs they always run anticlockwise around the hills and boy are they fast little critters.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

SMF

Teknoromi