Author Topic: DXF files  (Read 2180 times)

jszegda

DXF files
« on: April 19, 2010, 08:53:58 am »
Hi Steve;
You do a great job.
Can files be downloaded as DXF files or other CAD files. (.AI, .PLT, or Dwg)
Would like to cut with a Laser
thank you
joe
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 08:59:23 am by jszegda »

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
Re: DXF files
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 10:12:34 am »
Hi Joe. I have many laser people visit my blog. I have given your idea some thought. Maybe in the future I will add that option but for right now I don't offer CAD files of any type. I know some of the laser people are cutting my patterns from the pdf file but I don't have knowledge of how they are doing it. Maybe someone will jump in here and give some help.

raw290

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 11:14:51 am »
Hi Steve,
I'm pretty new to scroll saw work but have been doing other woodworking for many years. I have taken some of your patterns and "imported" them into Corel Draw and modified / resizes or added elements to them. Corel has the ability to "save as" AI and DXF files as well as many others.

Just a thought
Ron

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 11:22:29 am »
Yes corral has the features to export but I'm afraid I won't have the expertise to support them. I hate to put something out that I don't have the equipment to test on. I'm still going to consider it I just want to make sure I know what I'm getting into first.

Stanley Waldrup

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 12:17:17 am »
Hello Steve,
I take you .PDF file and import it into Corel. I then Select the pattern and  Change all the Lines to red and hairline. and send it to the Laser... On another note could you offer the patterns in CDR format?
Thanks
Stanley

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 12:53:58 am »
Hi Stanley, thanks for jumping in with the technique you use. I knew guys were doing it somehow I was just not sure what the process was. I will consider emailing the cdr files on a limited one off basis but I have decided not to release them as a general feature. I don't so much mind guys having them I just know I will be opening a can of worms with support. I won't say this is a final decision but at this point that's where I'm at.

SMF

Teknoromi