Author Topic: newbie question  (Read 1116 times)

Offline frankorona

• Frankorona (Frank) (Crown)
    • View Profile
    • Frankorona?s workshop
newbie question
« on: April 20, 2010, 08:19:48 pm »
Hi Steve, I'm a rookie and I've always worked with chipboard MDFQuisiera give more quality to my work softwood what do you recommend?
pine but I have worked very hard to cut is sometimes broken and all my work is ruined, and I feel very heavy to work.
I hope your answer thank you very much.

I would also like to know how I can upload some pictures of my work to your albun do not know if uploading directly or mand?rtelas for you to choose, greetings from Puebla, Mexico.
P.D. Excuse my English but I use google translator because I do not speak the language wel ;D

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
Re: newbie question
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 10:06:48 pm »
Hi frankorona, I'm not sure what species of wood you have available where you are. Pine is a good choice for some projects. I don't generally like to use MDF because the dust is full of chemicals that are not good to breath. Tell us what type of projects you are having problems with.

bikerglz1

Re: Re: newbie question
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 08:00:48 pm »
Hi, i am also a newbie, and would really like to know what type of wood you use, i am based in the UK.  Two projects that spring to mind are the candle cup and the kokopellibox.  They show use of difference varities of wood and it makes the the finished item look spectacular.

SMF

Teknoromi