Author Topic: Getting started  (Read 1683 times)

scrcmedic

Getting started
« on: April 19, 2010, 03:35:09 pm »
I have been trying to make a few things on my saw but can not seem to get the hang of it. I cant stay on the lines, I cant properly make turns...I'm a mess. Any ideas for the absolute beginner?

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
Re: Getting started
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 03:56:24 pm »
Hi scrcmedic, welcome. There are a number of issues that can cause problems. If you are having control issues make sure the blade tension is correct. Many new scrollers have a tendency to not tension the blade enough. Take a look at the program I have on my blog that helps teach what a properly tensioned blade sounds like. If you get a chance take a look at some of my videos. Many of them show techniques. Its often easier to learn if you see it rather than read it.

scrcmedic

Re: Getting started
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 03:38:38 pm »
Hi scrcmedic, welcome. There are a number of issues that can cause problems. If you are having control issues make sure the blade tension is correct. Many new scrollers have a tendency to not tension the blade enough. Take a look at the program I have on my blog that helps teach what a properly tensioned blade sounds like. If you get a chance take a look at some of my videos. Many of them show techniques. Its often easier to learn if you see it rather than read it.

Will do!
Thanks!

SMF

Teknoromi