Author Topic: DW788 owners or knowledge of please  (Read 1419 times)

Offline daveo

• DT CRAFTS LINCS UK
    • View Profile
DW788 owners or knowledge of please
« on: August 21, 2015, 11:50:27 am »
Hi all
I just got my grubby paws on this type 1 788 as pic1
now although its a great machine is it normal to have a lot of fuzzies as pic 2 (I;m thinking not)
up till now I have been using a delta Q3 and although its a quite harsh C arm machine I never have to sand anything except the back of really thin stuff like portraits.
Now I am using the same blade type same size and virtually the same speed and the same material
so whats wrong, is there an adjustment or something I'm missing
any help appreciated

Dave

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
Re: DW788 owners or knowledge of please
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 05:26:09 pm »
Well, I don't think it is the saw causing that. It looks to me like the blade was in upside down.
But that being said, I don't cut particle board either.
Maybe the upper and lower arms are not in alignment and you are cutting at an angle and dragging on the up stroke. But in that case your cuts would be beveled too.  ???

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
Re: DW788 owners or knowledge of please
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 10:29:53 pm »
Dave, many saws need a tuneup to work at their best.  Not saying that is the cause of your fuzzies, someone else will likely comment on that.  There are a number of posts on this forum discussing tuning the 788 (and the Delta 40-690 which is a clone of the 788 in grey paint).  Another source often mentioned is http://www.scrollsaws.com/SawReviews/DewltTuneUp.htm

Good luck,
Jim
PS
From what i have heard, the Type 1 is a much better built saw than the Type 2 - congrats.
J
Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

SMF

Teknoromi