Author Topic: NOT A GOOD DAY  (Read 1919 times)

Offline daveo

• DT CRAFTS LINCS UK
    • View Profile
NOT A GOOD DAY
« on: November 18, 2014, 11:40:48 am »
Well it started out OK, switched the heating on in the shop, came in the office printed the orders and made the patterns, went into the shop, to start a good day cutting, so far so good.
Then I started cutting the first plaque, and could here a tapping noise, stopped the machine and checked, and nothing be seen, so carried on.
The tapping suddenly became a mass vibrating knock, Yep she'd thrown a bearing on the linkage arm, and I did not have one.
So on the phone I get after stripping the saw down to track a replacement  after two hours I finally found a supplier that had stock.
So me and the wife set out on our 160 mile round trip to get a ?2 bearing, when I got there nice man said how many did you want Dave, how many have you got said I, nice man said I have 5 Dave, that is how many I want said I.
Wont be caught on that one again for a very long time
So it now looks by the amount of orders that have come in since this morning it's going to be a 12 hour cut tomorrow
oh well just another day at DT Crafts I suppose

And at least I got that off my chest
have a nice day

Dave

pddesertrat

Re: NOT A GOOD DAY
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 12:02:31 pm »
Will good for you that you are able to do your own repair.  I would have been down a month trying to get it fixed!

thumbs

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 03:29:44 pm »
that is exactly the reason I didn't sell my dewalt when I bought my Excalibur. If something goes wrong with the EX-21 the dewalt is in great shape until parts come in from Seyco. glad you got yours up and running--Richard

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 12:39:02 am »
I also have a DeWalt and an EX21 otherwise I would be down for quite a while getting it fixed.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 11:31:31 am »
Way to go.

Make your shop a model of thrift, innovation, and self-reliance. If we don't teach the next generation, who will?
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

SMF

Teknoromi