Author Topic: timers/stop watches  (Read 4926 times)

Graywolf

Re: timers/stop watches
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 03:20:09 pm »
Several years ago I wanted to build furniture to sell. I bought a book on how to price your woodworking. It's a great book and everything. It even tould you to figure your time going to the lumber yard; Loading/unloading the pickup; taking the material off the shelf; layout; etc etc... Then I found the scroll saw and decided I am retired and didn't really want to make furniture. I keep thinking I will do a show, but when my wife or kids see what I make it is gone. Doesn't buy any beer, but sure make me feel good...
 :)   :)   :)

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 04:37:51 pm »
the main reason for the stopwatch is just for my purpose to know how long it takes to cut. not for selling purpose.
I don't have a recommendation Todd, I do it the old fashioned way. I have a shop clock on the wall behind my scroll saw. I just look at the clock when I start, then look at the clock when I'm done!
Dan In Southern California

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 04:52:20 pm »
its ok the next time i'm in the city i'll drop by wally-world and pick up another stopwatch.and hope the frost don't kill it like my last one
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 06:24:13 pm by newfie »

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline mickey357

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2013, 09:55:47 pm »
I have been looking for several years now for the old, 70"s 80'S, type of digital clock, the type that had numbers that would rotate and flip over.  Cannot seem to find one anywhere. Everyone had they and threw them out.
Try e-bay and type in Auto Flip Number Desk Clock ,they have several.The newer ones are about $20.00 and the older ones can run as high as $150.00.

ShadowB6

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 12:53:52 am »
Like some of the others, I just use the timer on my iphone. Simple and easy to use.

Mike

Offline tvman44

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 04:54:58 am »
The cooking section of WallyWorld, also big grocery stores have digital timers that are battery operated and have a clock and timer in it.  Just a few bucks and the battery last for a couple of years.  I have a couple around the house and RV.
Bob Making sawdust in SW Louisiana with a
EX-21

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 04:14:30 pm »
I only use a timer [wall clock] when I am doing commission work and this includes gluing the patterns on other stuff I make and sell I charge what I think I can get at the local fairs and market days, I work on a wholesale basis
Jimbo

SMF

Teknoromi