Author Topic: New super scrollsaw  (Read 13249 times)

Offline heiko rettberg

• View Profile
New super scrollsaw
« on: November 04, 2012, 07:46:15 am »
Hi Guys, I found this in the net   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP6HcNi7GsQ   this scrollsaw don't need twister blades, nether the less it can saw in all directions. I can't find the price for it. The internet site is Harthie.de is a German site but you can switch to translate the site in english. What du you think of it?

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
Re: New super scrollsaw
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 08:05:07 am »
From the Harthie site:

Harthie reinvented the scroll saw. During the working operation, the blade shaft of the Harthie scroll saw is endlessly rotatable through 360 degrees with only three fingers and movable in a diameter of 35 mm from the center. With this innovation, our scroll saw makes possible cuts in every direction without the need to move the workpiece. This leads to a never known before precision and sensitivity in sawing. There is no longer a limitation given by the longitudinal passage and during the construction of the scroll saw, special attention was applied to a very high sawing stroke of up to 40 mm. This results in a prevention of heat accumulation, a better utilization of the saw blade teeth and a higher cutting speed with less rpm (revolutions per minute).

http://www.harthie.de/en/
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 08:10:10 am by Billy in Va »
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

Offline Dan26

• South of Milford, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 08:12:57 am »
That is a totally neat idea. I just wonder about the mechanics of how it works. Does the direction of force on the workpiece rotate the blade to change the direction? I like the idea of suction being used to remove some of the dust from the table. I'd like to learn a little more about it.
Dan (South of Milford, Ohio)

Courage - the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 10:10:45 am »
Very clever and likely very expensive.
While watching the video I noted that at no time did the operator make a SQUARE sharp corner!
Can it make square corners?

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline rrjwright

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 10:50:57 am »
Very neat....  But I think I would practice and learn how to use spiral blades before investing in something like this.
It is a very good concept.

Jim. . . 
Scroll'n... Scroll'n.... Scroll'n
Keep that Sawdust Flow'n

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 01:59:16 pm »
I think its Amazing....  Didn't see the guys/gals hands move at all.  What makes the way I seen it the blade following the line so good????  And looked like that blade was at least a #7....  Can anyone explain how it works?  Duh!  Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline campasano

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 02:27:55 pm »
I would think it is very expensive and after looking at the video and reading the specs it seems like you can rotate the blade using 3 fingers on either hand.
I sent them an e-mail asking about the price, when I get a response I will post it.

Mike
Do your part - go green - save the earth

UHMNL

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 04:06:49 pm »
I sent them an email 5 days ago and have not heard from them yet.
I emailed Voldker Arnold and he could not tell anything about it.
Called the company who makes my blades and was told that they had bought some blades.
However they could not tell me anything about that saw.
It looks great but I think I stay with a regular saw. Like some said "how about cutting
square corners."
FD Mike

Offline TheMelster

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 04:43:26 pm »
I like the no need to blow dust away..... suction from below table looks like with all the holes.
GO PACK GO

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 05:19:20 pm »
I Second THAT Melster....  Wow!  With SUCTION below wouldn't that be the Greatest?
This Scrollsaw really has me WONDERING.  Looking forward to info. on this....  :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 05:55:25 pm »
The way I read it, it seems that you have one hand below the table to turn the blade (with three fingers) and one hand controlling the wood and feeding it into the blade. Sounds kinda like rubbing your belly and patting your head at the same time to me.  :o  It must be a lot easier to do than it seems.
The one thing I noticed was that it took a tool (looked like a nut driver) to change blades but, I'm sure that it could be replaced with a knob for just finger use.  ;)
Another thing I would like to see was the whole saw as it was being used. I haven't figured out the blade tension procedure yet.  ::)  ???
I really expected that it would require special blades considering the adjustable stroke feature but, they said that it used standard (5") blades.  ;)

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

UHMNL

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 07:15:39 pm »
The newer Hegher saws have a dust collecting under the table.
FD Mike

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 08:47:22 pm »
Did you notice that they didn't have a pattern to follow? How difficult will it be to follow a pattern?
Dan In Southern California

Offline Dan26

• South of Milford, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 09:22:49 pm »
Did you notice that they didn't have a pattern to follow? How difficult will it be to follow a pattern?

I saw a pattern. If you go to their website and view the videos there, you can see the patterns better.
Dan (South of Milford, Ohio)

Courage - the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

Vonsarge

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 04:41:45 am »
I looked all over the Internet last night, and I have not found anything that gives a clue to the price. The blade was certainly following the pattern lines really well, but how much practice did that take. I think the video could have shown us a lot more of the actual machine. Also it weighs 40kg, about 85pounds, so it Is large, heavy and I guess expensive.

SMF

Teknoromi