Author Topic: Scrollsaw woodworking and crafts  (Read 5037 times)

Stravides

Scrollsaw woodworking and crafts
« on: September 28, 2012, 08:33:30 am »
I'm trying to get a hold of this mag in the UK, (without the waiting for aaaages to be posted) has anyone seen this in the UK as all the shops are acting retarded like it does not exist.

I do not tend to subscribe to mags as inevitably there will be a mag I just dont find anything useful in....

Kind regards
Ken

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
Re: Scrollsaw woodworking and crafts
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 08:43:53 am »
Sorry Ken, like you I have found no one over here in U.K. stocks any scrollsaw magazines.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

docupton

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 09:37:23 am »
Absolutely nothing in Leicestershire, sorry.

kardar2

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 11:49:09 am »
There are a lot of you scrollers over there, do you guys have clubs? I would organize and get every one to send in letters to your store headquarters and request that they start carrying it. They probably don't realize that there is a high demand. Would your news channel maybe do a story on you and get  some publicity out of it? good luck. I would work on the big chain stores if you have them.   

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 03:12:53 pm »
Hi kardar2, looking for scrollsaw books in shops here is not good, we have more chance of finding rocking horse s**t, as for clubs , I have been looking on the internet for a year now and not found one club in the U.K. It seems there isn't enough scrollers here to warrant one. I thought of possibly trying to start one, but so far I havent found another scroller in Cornwall yet (but I'm guessing there must be one here somewhere with a scrollsaw)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 06:55:06 am by Keefie »
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Mainewoods

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 05:54:51 pm »
Keith (et al),
Although you can't get the current editions there, can you order the back issues from Fox Chapel publishing?  In particular, the CDs containing back issues might be what you'd like.  I have all three as I've only been doing this a couple years, but wanted access to past information and patterns.  Not cheap mind you, but compared to purchasing hard copies of back issues, there's a significant savings.  12 issues per CD.  Might be an option for you folks on the other side of the Atlantic.

Glen

Stravides

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 06:53:19 pm »
yea I can get the back issues on CD, but again I need to look in a mag to decide if what I really want ;)

Thanks all for your comments...

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 06:54:38 am »
Glen, beat you to it (but not by much lol), found an advert for those last night and ordered the first one to start with, it will probably take a week or two in the mail to get here though.    Ken, I'll let you know if they ok or not.

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 12:58:46 pm »
Ken,  Exactly which magazine are you talking about? 
ChelCass

pddesertrat

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 01:17:30 pm »
I've ordered a few back issues from Fox Chapel and each time it has be 10 days or more before they even put it in the mail.  I do not know if this is the norm or what, but it was s-l-o-w. 

Offline loftyhermes

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 01:43:44 pm »
GMC Publications list subscription to the magazine.
http://www.thegmcgroup.com/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=904
happy scrolling
Steve
Outside a dog a scrollsaw is a mans best friend, inside a dog it's too dark to cut.

Offline BeginnerJerry

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 10:43:48 pm »
Ken,
I looked in my magazine and have a subscription address to Scrollsaw Woodworking & Crafts. (Fox Chapel Publishing)

Scrollsaw Woodworking & Crafts Subscriber Services
1970 Broad Street
East Petersburg PA 17520

They do International subscriptions at $34.00 US for one year.

Jerry

SMF

Teknoromi