Author Topic: Starting to make Patterns  (Read 1392 times)

zgrimsley

Starting to make Patterns
« on: December 29, 2011, 10:47:16 pm »
Ok I have taken on the challenge of making patterns using GIMP. Anyone have any suggestions of an image that I should use to make my first pattern? Any help that anyone has appreciated!

Offline Danny

• View Profile
Re: Starting to make Patterns
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 04:47:02 pm »
I have also just started messing around with Gimp2 and over-all I feel it is fairly simple to use.  Just upload any old photo to mess around with from you picture files.  Its fun.  Haven't finalized any of my experiments yet.  Danny :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 08:24:47 pm »
Have you looked at the tutorials on http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=24
they are pretty helpful.

smitty0312

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 10:35:33 am »
Have you looked at the tutorials on http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=24
they are pretty helpful.
That's where I learned, watched them over and over to finally get it, they are very helpfull.

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 01:40:55 pm »
Hi everyone,
As I was trying to download the GIMP program from the internet my AVAST Pro virus protector stopped me from that.  My wife said there may be a virus in the one I tried to download.  The one I did download was from the GIMP SITE and I had no stopping of it.  I guess what I'm trying to say is; check your computer for a virus right away and get rid of it now.  Then go to the GIMP site and download the good program.  I hope this helps you.
  Wingnut

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 01:54:50 pm »
Anything I download goes into a special folder on a 12 gb memory stick, that way I can scan it for viruses and if infected I wipe everything off the memory stick and start again. If the download is bigger than 12gb, it goes onto my second hard drive in a "Vault" to be checked there and deleted if any problems. but I agree, the best place to download it is from the GIMP site
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 03:37:11 pm »
 :)

I would get the free AVG anti-virus software.  Its works great and its free. I've been using it for years now.  Why paid when you can get it for free. I'm not doing a plug for the AVG I just think it is the best that is out there.

enjoy. 

SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

SMF

Teknoromi