Author Topic: Making Patterns  (Read 1849 times)

zgrimsley

Making Patterns
« on: December 28, 2011, 11:05:34 pm »
I need help. Can anyone tell me how yall make patterns? I will be using photoshop or a program like that. Can you give instructions or a place that does? Thanks for your help

The WoodArtist

Re: Making Patterns
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 11:16:47 pm »
I use Gimp and Inkscape which are free programs to download, just search for them. Once you download them go to utube and search for Gimp Tutors and Inkscape Tutors on utube and you'll get tutors on how to use them to make patterns. Hope this helps.

smitty0312

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 09:16:04 am »
I use Gimp and Inkscape which are free programs to download, just search for them. Once you download them go to utube and search for Gimp Tutors and Inkscape Tutors on utube and you'll get tutors on how to use them to make patterns. Hope this helps.
I too use these 2 programs, once you get past the learning curve the possibilities are endless. Dan

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 12:24:00 pm »
Hi

I am not a patten maker but used GIMP and Inkscape a few times to tweek something.  the thing I like about GIMP is that you can inport a pattern from a page in a PDF.

There are good tutorials at Scroll Saw Village.

http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=24

Don

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 03:35:56 pm »
I use OpenOffice Draw for making word art type patterns. I have a tutorial that I have emailed to others on the forum on some of the aspects of it that I use. If you pm me your email address I can email you if you are intersted.

ChuckD

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 05:54:53 pm »
I tell you how I make patterns.  Got to this TV with typewriter attached and find a page that some artistic person has posted a pattern and hit print on the typewriter part. and VoLa I have made a pattern.  Then I cut it (sometimes).  If I don't find just what I am looking for I say.  "Hey folks, I need some help" and sure enough some beautiful kind hearted soul will return with a question like "Is this what you need?" and Vola again, I have made a pattern.  I thank you kind hearted souls again for what you have done to help me make patterns..:)

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 06:24:31 pm »
Chuck, I know a man called Paul (Grampa) who helped me out like that. Thanks Paul
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 07:02:17 pm »
Hey Chuck, That's exactly how I do it!
Dan In Southern California

SMF

Teknoromi