Author Topic: A big thank you to Sheila Landry  (Read 4628 times)

Offline 34natl

• View Profile
A big thank you to Sheila Landry
« on: February 18, 2015, 05:42:33 pm »
I want to say thank you to Sheila for her veteran pattern.
What a generous offer for her to make.
Also thank you to Steve for bringing us this offer.
Thanks again Sheila for a great pattern.
Mike

Offline flint hills

• View Profile
Re: A big thank you to Sheila Landry
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 05:50:19 pm »
I agree!!!!!!!   Joe

pddesertrat

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 07:09:10 pm »
Agreed and got my copy.  Thank you Sheila for remembering veterans.

Offline pierre62

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 07:31:59 pm »
I agree and grab my copy.
Pierre

Offline lwilli

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 10:05:59 pm »
It takes a special person to remember those who has made it possible for all of us to enjoy what we love to do. Sheila Landry is that special person. Also, Steve is a special person for giving us a forum in which to share our talents and ideas with each other...thank-you both.

Louis
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers, 1897-1935

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 01:56:29 am »
Thanks for pointing this out, Mike,
A link to the offer being spoken about is
http://www.sheilalandrydesigns.com/product/SLDK551

Thanks for the pattern, Sheila!

God Bless! Spirithorse

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 08:56:24 am »
I couldn't agree more as Sheila and Keith do so much for the scrolling community.  I also follow Sheila's blog on Lumberjocks.  Along with Steve and the rest of the community that give so much, it makes you realize that maybe there is hope for us after all to know that there are good and giving people.

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 09:12:42 am »
I wish they had a "like" button here. I would use it often!

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am really taken back by your kind words. Keith and I are both so appreciative of all those who served both our countries, as well as the free world.

As I mentioned in my blog today - freedom comes with a price tag. As social media grows, we see more and more how other governments in the world disregard human rights. Citizens don't have free will or abilities to live their lives as they choose. So many of us take these rights for granted. I grew up in the '60's and was only vaguely aware of this thing called "the Vietnam war". I remember glancing at the news at night and thinking little about what was going on. It never really registered what happened there until much later in my life as I grew into an adult.

The best part of this 'giveaway' we are having (which was Keith's suggestion - he is the one who drew the pattern too) is that I am reading stories from those who serve and learning about their service to their various countries. Each story makes me more grateful for their time and sacrifice so that we ALL can live better lives.  What an unexpected bonus for me!

I am over 50 years old now, and I see the younger people in our countries that grew up knowing nothing but freedom. I sometimes feel that they take this freedom for granted and forget about those who fought so hard to obtain and maintain it. I hope that changes soon. I hope that with communication being what it is, awareness is raised and more people begin to appreciate what privileges were given to them - only by the sacrifice of others.

Thanks again for all your kind words. You are a wonderful group and I am proud to be among you!

<3  Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline Ray

• View Profile
    • Slideshow of a few of my completed projects
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2015, 02:59:49 pm »
Yes, thank you, Sheila!
Always makes us Vets feel good when people do things like this.

Ray

Offline bkrajnak

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2015, 07:45:12 pm »
+1 on every thing every one said, as a vet it is really appreciated!!!!

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 06:44:07 am »
Been ordering patterns from Sheila for ages and this is just another reason.  Thanks for my Pattern.  Navy........Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Rover2

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2015, 06:29:28 pm »
Thanks so much for the pattern Sheila. I received it today and will be working on it in the morning.

Thanks again
Al

Offline rdatelle

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2015, 04:49:21 pm »
Thanks Sheila for the pattern. That was very nice of you. I have my copy but I haven't had time to do much in my workshop for a while because of the cold weather. Can't wait for it to warm up a little. I'm way behind on things I want to make.
Ralph

Offline MrA

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2015, 09:35:50 pm »
Thanks to Steve and Sheila, I stack cut 2 from 1/4 inch red oak and rather than a smaller cut out for the back I made the backing bigger like a picture frame that I stained a dark walnut. Waiting for the stain to dry to see how they will look. I know my 2 sons will appreciate those two, last night I tried a stack of three 1/4 in BB and they came out great. Those will go with my oldest son to give as gifts for retiring members of the Canadian forces he works with.  Again thanks.
Tom
One mistake leads to expensive firewood and I have had a couple of good fires since I started.

SMF

Teknoromi