Author Topic: Band saw cutting help  (Read 1390 times)

agooday88

Band saw cutting help
« on: January 15, 2015, 09:27:42 pm »
I saw a video on making a Band Saw Jewelry box. I know this isn't a Scroll Saw question but I thought that maybe someone on here might be able to help me. I understand the whole video but I am stumped when it came to cutting a square hole in the drawer. So my question is.... How do I cut a 3 sided square on a band saw? I know how to cut the right side.. and the left side. but how do you do the back side. My saw wont make tight right angle turns like my scroll saw does.
 Thanks all..  I included the video that I was watching on Utube incase anyone needed to see what I was talking about. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otZqFdk612E

Offline TheMelster

• View Profile
Re: Band saw cutting help
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 10:03:13 pm »
 at 12:56 of video u can see that he cuts the left side, right side and then goes in at an angle and cuts 1 of 2 chunks out. tough to explain but check out 12:56 of video
GO PACK GO

agooday88

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 10:24:18 pm »
I see it now.. Thanks... wow.. I had to watch that area over and over 5 times to see what you meant. I clicked 1 second at a time until I saw it. The bottom of the band saw was blocking my view and it was done so fast that I didn't catch it until I went in very slow motion. Thank you so much!

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 06:29:30 am »
You want to know something it is on Youtube some where :)  A lot of what you can do with a bandsaw there are methods to do the same thing with a scroll saw.  A lot of times smaller though.  Boxes with drawers are doable with a scrollsaw.  Kinda fun actually.  Granted you can not get the logs that folks use for the bandsaw boxes under the arm of the scroll saw :)  Check out Steve's library of patterns he has several good to learn on box patterns available.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

agooday88

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 10:01:01 pm »
Thank you DW. I will check out other videos using a scroll saw to do it.  ;D

SMF

Teknoromi