Author Topic: How thick is too thick?  (Read 5934 times)

agooday88

Re: How thick is too thick?
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2015, 08:59:05 pm »
Thank you Al.   I am so excited to was able to make 2 at once! I had to go alot slower but it was worth it at the end to have 2 in stead of 1 at the end.
 But I found that when I was getting to the right side after cutting the left side, that the right side started to move. I had to go back and tape it in place.. Any suggestions?  Anyone  ;)
 ( I wrapped clear tape around the boards before cutting )

agooday88

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015, 10:26:16 pm »
Thank you Al and everyone here that helped.
 I did have to go a lot slower then I am use to but with a few minor adjustments on my part.. I conquered the task. I saved a lot of time doing them stacked!

Offline rdatelle

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2015, 10:51:30 am »
You did a great job on those. It ;
looks like it would be a lot of work doing them one at a time.
Ralph

Offline Brian Pardue

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2015, 12:51:21 pm »
turned out very nice

agooday88

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2015, 01:27:45 pm »
Yes.. it was a lot of work cutting them out one at a time. But now it is such an accomplishment to have done all that work and then have 2 OF THEM. :)

Offline MrA

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2015, 12:10:23 am »

"But I found that when I was getting to the right side after cutting the left side, that the right side started to move. I had to go back and tape it in place.. Any suggestions?  Anyone  ;)
 ( I wrapped clear tape around the boards before cutting )"
Rather than cutting one side completely off, then the other side, I drill a starter hole at one end and complete the cut as an inside cut. this keeps the stack from traveling as it is attached right to the end. I hope you get what I mean as the explanations doesn't look that great.
Tom

One mistake leads to expensive firewood and I have had a couple of good fires since I started.

agooday88

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2015, 10:30:43 pm »
Thank you Tom for your help.. I am sorry to say that I don't understand what you mean. :(

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2015, 07:37:33 am »
I think what Tom was trying to say is that instead of starting your cut from an outside edge, he drills a starter hole and cuts out the project with the outside edge of the boards intact.  It keeps them from shifting around when you get close to the end.  It works well in stack cutting because the piece can only move as far as the kerf allows.  I do it that way, too.  Everything is still encased in your original tape.

agooday88

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2015, 10:03:49 pm »
I understand! That is a great idea... thank you. I will do it that way next time. :)

SMF

Teknoromi