Author Topic: dewalt side to side blade adjustment issue  (Read 1085 times)

zeroloc

dewalt side to side blade adjustment issue
« on: January 12, 2014, 12:58:05 pm »
Hi guys,
    I have an issue with my dewalt type 1 with the side to side blade adjustment. I cannot get it perfectly vertical, I have adjusted the top set screw all the way to the left as far as I can before reaching the interior of the clamp housing and the bottom set screw all the way to the right in the same fashion and I still have around 1/32" of an inch of side to side movement with the blade. Has anyone encountered this issue before and if so what was your fix?
 As im writing this I wonder if filing down the interior of the blade clamp housings would create enough clearance to give me a true vertical motion. I cant see where there are any other spots to adjust the side to side motion of the blade so this is my first idea but if anyone else has encountered this please chime in and let me know your opinion. I dont think removing a small amount of material from the interior of the clamp housings would cause any structural issues with the housing since they appear to be rather "beefy" lol.
Let me know what you guys think please

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
Re: dewalt side to side blade adjustment issue
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 06:20:06 pm »
Zeroloc,

Is the problem that the blade is not perpendicular to the table when the saw is off but with tension on the blade?  If that is the case, can you adjust the tilt of the table to make the blade perpendicular?

If the blade is perpendicular to the table but moves side-to-side while running, can you tell if either of the blade clamps moves sideways as it moves up and down and if so, which one moves?

I hope this helps but I may also be way off the mark.  One thing I don't recommend would be to file the clamps.  They are aluminum and need all the strength they have to resist the force of the blade clamp screw.

Good luck and let us know how you are getting along with this problem.
Jim
Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 11:06:42 am »
Sounds to me like your blade is not straight up and down in the holders.  You may need to adjust the set screws.  Over time they can become loose and move.  Once you have them re-aligned and the blade is straight up and down again be sure and use some BLUE loctite.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

zeroloc

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 12:36:03 am »
Thanks for the replies, I have been awfully busy lately and I have it running close enough to true that I can stack cut 4 1/8 inch boards without any issues so i haven't messed with it any further as of yet. I will take a look at it next week and let you guys know what I have done to fix it. I am building inventory this week to take to the swap meet for my first public sale this coming weekend.

SMF

Teknoromi