Author Topic: Torn between Dewlt or Excaliber  (Read 4436 times)

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
Re: Torn between Dewlt or Excaliber
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2013, 09:14:14 pm »
Well I could go ahead and stuff back the money to buy it, but then I also need to hold back for the gas and what not till the 4th when I go down there, but I want it now is starting to set in. I guess I could have it shipped but then paying for shipping cost would be the gas down there and back. I would make a weekend day trip, I could leave on a fri eve get up st go get the saw then head back home and be back by dark. I am still thinking about that or wait the 10 days and save a trip but would be nice to drive down to see the scroll saws see and hear it run and be able to talk about it in person rather through email.

Offline phantom scroller

• I'm Over the pond or In a pond. Hartpury in UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2013, 02:31:58 am »
Once you see it ,feel it, work it, it's all over it will be in the boot ready for the drive back. Merry Christmas and happy new tear.

Roly

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2013, 06:45:09 am »
When I started scrolling, I lived 10 minutes from Ray's shop.  He was a great source of information and knowledge.  That is why I started with Olson blades, he sells them.  I still have my favorites in the Olson line.  He also had a huge supply of old Scroller and Scrollsaw woodworking and crafts books.  I bought a few every visit.  It's kinda funny, when this forum started, there were very few EX21 owners out there.  Everyone boasted about their yellow saw.  I see more and more folks turning to the EX.  My son still lives in Royse City so I visit often.  I try to get by to see Ray from time to time.  I always learn something new.

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2013, 11:15:09 am »
I know where Royse City is my folks have fiends that live there.

Coullion

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2013, 07:43:59 pm »
I would definitely go for the EX...I have the EX-16 and sometimes wish I would have gone for the 21". I live near Rockwall and stop in and see Ray on a regular basis. If I am not mistaken Ray (I think) takes trade-ins of the Excalibur. He revamps them and makes them good as new. Ask him if he has a revamped used model. He might be able to help you there and you would get "good as new" for a good price. Maybe even good enough to go for the 21" if he has a used one he will part with. Good luck to you in getting a fantastic saw. The Ex's aren't any louder than a soft spoken sewing machine and are smooth as glass.

Todd

SMF

Teknoromi