Author Topic: pegas blades  (Read 1608 times)

adrian broadhead

pegas blades
« on: December 04, 2013, 02:30:23 pm »
hi all
I am doing a survey at the moment at work on the blades that we sell (pegas) I would like to know what people's opinions are of the quality of this brand compared to other brands such as the flying Dutchman blades.
myself I use both brands like everything they both have pros and cons.
thanks
adrian

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
Re: pegas blades
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 02:48:28 pm »
Hi Adrian, I started using Pegas blades a few years back and found they were ok.
I only use FD blades now for two reasons: I done a lot of compound cutting and the Double Tooth blade ( I think) are better than the I think it's called something silver FD blades.
The other reason is cause Mikes FD blades only take two weeks (sometimes shorter ) to get to New Zealand.
Don't get me wrong Pegas blades are very good blades.

***Merlin***
Try not! Do,
or do not
There is no try

Yoda "Empire Strikes Back" 1980

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 03:16:30 pm »
 I have used them and have a few left.  Good cutting but very brittle.
I'm from North Dakota

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 04:02:00 am »
I used them for a while, but found they are harder to follow a line with as they tend to wander a fair bit, also they didn't keep their edge as long as an FD UR blade, so I went back to FD blades. Lastly Mikes Workshop can sell me a gross of blades cheaper than I can get them from my supplier over here and they get here quicker than my UK supplier can get them to me. (Mike's postal charges are cheaper too, he charges only $3 but my supplier over here has a standard ?4.99 delivery charge)

Keefie.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

SMF

Teknoromi