Author Topic: A sad day for Rick over at frre4all patterns  (Read 3089 times)

grampa

A sad day for Rick over at frre4all patterns
« on: June 19, 2013, 04:25:24 pm »
Should be getting a few more members now that rick is folding up his site

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
Re: A sad day for Rick over at frre4all patterns
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 05:35:07 pm »
A sad day indeed, sorry to sea another scrolling site folding.

***Merlin***
Try not! Do,
or do not
There is no try

Yoda "Empire Strikes Back" 1980

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 06:22:08 pm »
why is he taking down his site down for?
SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 10:00:04 pm »
It is explained in a post in the General  section on his site.
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 11:55:20 am »
It is a very sad day indeed, I just hope I don't lose contact with all the good friends I made there.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 12:24:09 pm »
Yes....  I have been a member on Ricks site for a long time.  Basically its set up
the same as Steves, but I have ALWAYS felt more at home HERE.  I have mentioned
this site to many of my friends there.  Maybe if we all tell each of our friends they
will join HERE.  Yes?  Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 12:21:16 pm »
Hello fellow Free4all members.  I have been here for a couple of years and of course with Rick for 4 years.  Sure am going to miss that site.  Hopefully all our members will meet up either here or at another site.

chelcass
ChelCass

CharlesDearing

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 07:52:27 pm »
So rather than lead us there, can someone tell us why the site is going down?  My log in info isn't working to find out for myself.

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 11:24:23 pm »
Yeah, what Charlie said.  BTW good luck on your sale Charlie.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Breighner Woodworking

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2013, 03:02:14 pm »
Hey Danny as you see, I came on over, course I have used Steve's other sight (Scrollsaw Workshop) for ever and a day. As he is and awesome designer and has a heart for the scroll saw artist across the board. The only thing I am not seeing here is a place to post or download scroll saw patterns. I was only a member of free4all patterns for less than a month, and brother I am going to miss the support and friendship of all of the scrollers that called the sight home. They are all a tremendous bunch of talented big hearted folks and I am going to sorely miss them.

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2013, 03:08:36 pm »
A new category for posting patterns has been suggested but didn't go anywhere. Recently people with patterns to share have been posting them on the Pattern Request page.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

larrykray2005

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2013, 12:35:33 pm »
The last 4 1/2 years with you all has been amazing.  I have come to consider so many of you as family.  We have shared a lot together.
Those of you who know me well know that for me, family will come first in my life.  I have seen so many of
you grow as scrollers, designers, and as people.  To be part of this group has been an honor.
   Those of you who may have ran a forum before understand some of the toll it can take.  Right or wrong, I
feel a tremendous responsibility to each and every one of you to not only keep the site up and running, but to
keep it moving, keep it relevant, and to keep it fun.  
    Aside from that, are all the things I deal with "behind the scenes".  I get emails all the time
complaining about this and that, and that comes with the territory.  As many of you know, in the scroll-saw
community there are those with large "personalities" or egos.  If somebody here posts something they
shouldn't have, by the time we handle it, I have already been "told on" then I have to deal with that.
    Then there all the legal implications for me being the host for this group.
   I have been doing a lot of thinking and soul searching lately.  I am sure that some of you have noticed
that I have not been on the site much the last couple of months. I have lost so much sleep this last couple
of weeks wrestling with a decision.
   I guess when it comes down to brass tacks, I can no longer handle every thing it takes to keep this place
running the way it should.  The guilt I feel when I don't have the time to participate, to share, to commune
with you all is tremendous.  There are many things I would like to do here, but I don't have any extra time
in my life to do it, and that makes me feel even worse.
   It has reached the point where I have lost my passion for srolling.  When I look at the other factors in my
life, they have to take priority, and they do.  I can also no longer take the financial risk involved with running
a forum. All it would take is one lawsuit to ruin so much in my life.
    One thing I really want you all to understand and appreciate is just how much effort David has put into
this group.  He has been part of it from day 1.  Without David, this group would have never got off the ground, let
alone, stay running.  I will never be able to express just how much he has meant to me, and how much this forum
depends on him.
    As much as it truly pains me, I have made the decision to close the site.  I will leave it up and running
for the rest of this month so everybody can download their material.  As of July 1st, Free4All Scrollsaw Patterns
will retire.
    I am so sorry for letting all of you down, especially you David.  Please try to understand my position.

Sincerely, Rick
Thats whats on the site
Larrykray2005

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2013, 01:37:16 pm »
What a shame that he is forced to this decision!
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

CharlesDearing

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2013, 01:37:35 pm »
Thanks for letting us know what had been posted.

SMF

Teknoromi