Author Topic: thank you  (Read 2074 times)

adrian broadhead

thank you
« on: June 22, 2013, 03:09:55 pm »
thank you for adding me to the scroll saw workshop forum. I am 41 years of age and have been doing scroll saw now for around three years. I work for axminster tool centre here in the uk and a lot of my work is in the  display cabinet at work. it  helps sell a lot of scroll saws. I have been asked to teach the public the art of scroll saws at our purpose built skills centre. it is a new venture for the company as most of the courses are around wood turning and pen turning it is such an honour to be asked to do this job. it is great going to work and do something that you really enjoy. :)

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
Re: thank you
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 04:11:36 pm »
Welcome aboard. Are you able to post some pictures of completed projects?
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 04:18:39 pm »
welcome to the forum glad to have you aboard.

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 04:25:15 pm »
Welcome to the forum Adrian, I'm Al from So. Calif.   You'll find lots of friendly people here that love Scrolling.
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

thumbs

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 05:03:26 pm »
First off, Welcome to the site and second , it must be great to be able to work with tools you love to use. It would indeed be an honor to teach the public about scroll saws--please keep us up to date on how it is going--Oh by the way I'm Richard from Bedford, Iowa--best regards, Richard
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 05:07:50 pm by thumbs »

countryscroller

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 11:48:41 pm »
Welcome, I'm Dustin from Ohio. Glad to have you with us.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 05:17:40 am »
Hi Adrian, welcome to the forum, I'm Keith from Cornwall.  Now it's my turn to thank you, for the fantastic back up service you provide at Axminster Tool Centre. (and in particular Darren Windsor) I bought an EX16 from yourselves and it vibrated so bad you exchanged it for a new one, over the next few months you were still unable to sort out the vibration problems in the EX16's and after 5 new machines you then gave me a free upgrade to the EX21. This was a different beast altogether, it ran quiet and smooth with almost no vibration. I did have one problem after a few months which turned out to be a bearing near the motor linkage, this was changed and also the adjuster linkage in the top arm was upgraded to a newer type at the same time. Thanks again for the excellent service you give your customers. If ever you get to come to Cornwall, call in for tea/coffee and tour of the workshop.

Keith

It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 08:40:40 am »
Hi Adrian and welcome to the forum.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Glad to have you.  What a great gig.  Do what you love and love what you do.  Good luck in your new venture.

Offline Al W

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 10:41:11 am »
Greetings and Welcome from South Dakota, USA.  Wishes for success in the new venture.
Molon Labe

Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

The government is NOT always right, or on your side.

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2013, 05:18:27 pm »
Hi Adrian, welcome to the group we a great bunch of so a so's here  ;D
i hail from NZ but don't hold that against me NZ is a great place.

I have an Axminster scroll saw but it is sold under a different name (carb-a-tec)

***Merlin***
Try not! Do,
or do not
There is no try

Yoda "Empire Strikes Back" 1980

SMF

Teknoromi