Author Topic: Scroll Saw  (Read 2752 times)

Manuel

Scroll Saw
« on: July 19, 2010, 09:04:52 am »
Mi name is Manuel Ramirez and I live in Canada, Ontario. For many years I have been admiring the work of so many artist in this beutifull hobby, but only recently I was given a Scroll Saw machine, the problem is that I almost knowing nothing about it and I need all the help I could get. I am now retired and having a lot of free time, so, please HELP.
Thanks
Manuel Ramirez

JUANCRUZ

Re: Scroll Saw
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 09:12:38 am »
Hi Manuel, welcome to our forum.

Roberto

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 10:10:20 am »
Hi I'm Russ from Florida, USA. Glad you found us. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum. Jump in and let the sawdust fly.  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

daneklund

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 11:13:27 am »
Welcome Manuel.  I am Dan from Arizona.  Ask any questions you may have and someone will help.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 11:19:34 am »
Hey Manuel, Welcome from Southern California. Don't be afraid to ask questions. We are here to help!
Dan In Southern California

Offline pieter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 01:13:20 pm »
Welcome Mamuel!!  It can look intimidating, but when I started I just picked a project I wanted to do and went at it using cheap pine wood, and low and behold after a few oops and trash can moments, was able to complete my first puzzle. 

ENJOY!

Pieter

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 02:51:17 pm »
Hi and Welcome from North Dakota.  This is the BEST place to ask any scroll saw questions.  And even some that have nothing to do with scroll sawing....check the coffee shop.
I'm from North Dakota

northie66

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 05:48:49 pm »
Welcome from Pennsylvania. I've learned a lot from these wonderful people and I'm sure you will too.

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 08:19:33 pm »
Welcome Manuel!  You said you have a lot of free time and the two things you need the most to get started are free time and scrap wood, so you are half way there already.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Dawie

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 02:19:42 am »
Hi Manuel. Hope you will enjoy your scrollsaw as much as I do. As most of us here I think once get going you will have trouble finding the brake. Ask what you need to, I have found there is nearly always somebody with an answer.
David

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 03:11:05 am »
Welcome from down under Manuel
Jimbo

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 08:52:00 am »
Welcome Manuel!  It does not matter that you don't know much about.  You will find most of us are self taught.  Pick a pattern and go for it.  We have all trashed a piece or two. 

Dragonlord85

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 11:15:41 am »
I think all of us even as we get experienced create some firewood every now and again. I had a bad day last week where I destroyed two projects that I was cutting when the blade got cuaght and ripped the entire center sections out. Another thing is that when you are new to scroll sawing you worry about making mistakes in cutting the pattern. The way I think of it is we do not make mistakes, we make artistic adjustments to the pattern.

northie66

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2010, 05:22:50 pm »
I like that dragonlord... artistic adjustments.   ;D

Rightarm

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2010, 12:31:03 am »
    Welcome from Terre Haute IN. get on You Tube and watch Steves vidios. Dave 8)

SMF

Teknoromi