Author Topic: The Forum  (Read 2469 times)

Shogun

The Forum
« on: January 13, 2013, 10:39:28 am »
Hey every one...I tried to past a pic of my first Fob in the brag forum and I got a message that said the file was too large, max allowed is 384 kb...I resized the pic and tried again but this time the message read max size 180 kb. The pic was taken with my digital camera. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
Re: The Forum
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 10:48:05 am »
Maximum attachment size allowed: 128 KB and its 4 per post
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 03:13:39 pm by newfie »

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

king310

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 11:00:48 am »
If you have a photo you want to share you have to compress the photo so it will meet the 120kb allowed space. you can add 4 photos and the total has to beunder 128kb.
If you have microsoft use micosoft office picture manager and open the photo. select picture on the tool  bar the compress the check the box for web and save.

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 11:53:16 am »
I upload my pics to photobucket then use the img tag to put them in a post so the pic is loaded to a site that has a bigger server to handle them and to keep from taking space on the forum server.

ShadowB6

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 12:05:21 pm »
Hmmm, I thought the maximum size for an attachment was 128kb. I use "sizester" to reduce the size of my picture attachments.

Mike

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 12:55:41 pm »
The maximum attachment/picture size allowed is 128 KB and it is 4 per post. I am not sure why you are getting conflicting information when you try to post. 8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

multifasited

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 05:00:55 pm »
I am having the same problem ,and got the same different statements ,waiting for help for upper post.sorry to be so ignorant ,when I went to school you wrote longhand ,peterson penmanship I think they called it.No the pony express was not still running,lol

Offline jrpeteo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 05:39:27 pm »
If you have "Microsoft Office Picture Manager" on your comp it's easy peasy. Open the pic in the program, click "Picture" on the top menu, then "Resize". There is now a resize menu on the right side. Click "Predefined width x height" then "web-small" from the drop down box. You're done.
Pete
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
- Mark Twain

just Josh

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 06:40:50 am »
this si exactly why I read alot here and don't post alot.  I post many pics of alot of my work on a couple other sites, but not here because my cell phone pics are too large to upload, and I have to load them to photobucket first, then link them here. 

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 10:27:45 am »
If you have "Microsoft Office Picture Manager" on your comp it's easy peasy. Open the pic in the program, click "Picture" on the top menu, then "Resize". There is now a resize menu on the right side. Click "Predefined width x height" then "web-small" from the drop down box. You're done.
Pete

"Microsoft Office Picture Manager" is good for this, and I noticed that starting with a 2Mb pixel picture it will give better= 'bigger size'  results then starting with a 5MB pixel photo.

Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 01:06:17 am »
I open my photos using paint then resize them down and I save them as a gif instead of a png. Try this and see if it works.

Offline Tomsunnu

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 08:54:27 am »
Hi
http://pixresizer.en.softonic.com/

This is an excellent download it was suggested by Don in Brooklyn and it works great.

I hope the info was useful :)

Mahendra

mahendra

SMF

Teknoromi