Author Topic: Need ideas for milling small wood  (Read 3642 times)

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
Re: Need ideas for milling small wood
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2011, 11:56:22 am »
My husband says I am a packrat......Maybe! but whenever he needs a scrap of wood as a shim or whatever I always have it.  I cringe when people throw out perfectly good wood.  Have two neighbors building house.  I have already been by to claim their scrap wood piles.

When I scroll and have bits and pieces left (I have some really tiny pieces) I put them in a box for later use..............Here's one thing I plan on doing with the scraps.  I do mosiacs!  I plan to make a couple of trays and mosiac the inside bottom with these scraps of wood.  My grout will be sawdust!  Another idea is random puzzle pieces also can be used for the bottom of trays or as keychains or ornaments.  The possibilities are endless.

Chels
ChelCass

Vince

Re: Need ideas for milling small wood
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 12:10:46 pm »
     Hey everyone: For a long time the ONLY wood I threw away was "SAW DUST". Now thanks to an e-mail, I keep the pine saw dust also. A piece of pine wood thats 3/4 by 3/4 by 1" long, I turn into 12 - 16  petals for making  wooden roses. Waste not want not. Even the side cuts from doing that can be turned into "Fire starters" with a paper cup and some candle wax. I camp A LOT. Sometimes to get away from the wife, mostly to get away from the world. "Of broken blades" ! LOL

Vince

SMF

Teknoromi