Author Topic: GMail  (Read 1741 times)

PoppaRob

GMail
« on: August 15, 2012, 12:55:30 pm »
I don't know if this is the right place to put this but its here i am putting it, lol

When I find something be it a web page, article or picture, anything and I want it for later to print out or save, I use gmail,

open up compose and then copy and paste what ever you want, then edit it like you want then you can send it out or just save it and there you have a nice copy of what you want,

I have several mail accounts, each one if most the time for just one subject or for my backups of this type if chit, so I send what I have pasted to one account or all of the ones I want do as to keep a good set of files or copies of items I want to keep,

I have found this works well with plans and print outs of patterns and so on,

I have PDF's that I attach to my mail which is the open copy of that PDF that I have just copied and pasted on the gmail compose post, that way I have an instant print to look t and the PDF to send or copy to my computer or someone else,

I hope this is clear enough for people to understand, if not I'll try again once someone replies to it, lol, if they do,

Poppa Rob, just sharing or thinking out loud again,

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
Re: GMail
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 05:12:29 pm »
Good tip Poppa Rob! I have a Gmail account as well others but use it as you do often.

Tony,aka,toneman

Mainewoods

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 07:10:53 pm »
Glad it works for ya Rob!  Gotta be honest though, seems like a whole lot of extra clickin', versus clickin' "file" and "save/save as".  But hey, you do what works ya!

PoppaRob

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 09:13:11 pm »
Mainewoods,

Yes it is but like I said or tried to, when you get those pages that don't or will not let you, most of the time you can this way, also like I am over at someones house and they need something, like computer software and I have it, I just open my mail were it is at and bing-bang, it shows were its at to download or get with all the reviews and so on,

same way with my woodworking stuff I except larger bits per post, lol, most are PDF files and you can just download them at that time,

I am just use to doing it this way and that is all this is, another way to get around some of the blocks on the web,

Poppa Rob, Toneman, TY for the reply,

SMF

Teknoromi