Author Topic: Paint Filling Station.  (Read 1994 times)

Offline Erewhon

• View Profile
Paint Filling Station.
« on: August 17, 2016, 11:05:19 pm »
G’day All,
Well its been an up and down battle in the workshop over the last few months, I’ve sat there at times looking at all my power tools and running ideas through me head on how I can make things a little safer to use so that I don’t get my trembling hands tangled up in places where ones hand/hands should not normally be.

The main problem is I have to use the power tool/tools to create my safety jigs with so that I can use that power tool safer, sounds crazy but I’ve got several jigs on the go at present and only work on them when my trembling hands are not too bad.

I have finished one jig that I hope is going to allow me to mix my paint, thinners and cleaners for my airbrush. As you can see from the image it is quite a simple set up made from 16mm and 12mm ply and the hole is 60mm in diam. While I aint used it yet I’m confident I can get my mixtures into my small plastic bottles without shakin’ the contents all over the place.

As the paint quantities used in me airbrush are quite small the bottles I use are only 100mm and 250mm, thus the days of being able to pour my paint into them easily are now gone I hope this is gunna work. Plus I buy my paints now in 250mm pots and it will be a case of taking the lid off and placing it upside down in the funnel and gettin' it all into the bottle rather than down the sides. So when I get a reasonable tremble free day I'm gunna get to and put me creation into practice.

I guess many of you maybe wondering what my airbrushing skills are like with the PD tremors, at this stage pretty darn messy but I'm workin' on that side of things.

Kev.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 11:16:38 pm by Erewhon »

Offline Dakota Saw Dust

• Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Paint Filling Station.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 11:59:58 pm »
Kev - looks like your on the right track 👍. Nice to see someone work on "a short coming" and not give up on something he/she enjoys. Cheers Brian

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 05:44:41 am »
Kev that is a fantastic idea.  What a neat project.  This should help a bit.  Thank you for sharing this project with us.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 12:07:11 pm »
What a great work around.  Keep on making sawdust ...safely.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline Erewhon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 12:24:14 am »
Thanks Everyone,
Yes was so simple an idea for a big tremor problem I have with this darn Parkinsons Disease. I have another similar idea for holding me glass measuring cups as well. Some days I only hit around the .05 on the earth quake Richter scale and then on others I'm off the darn scale  ;D. Luckily I was able to build a year or so ago without too much trouble my mini spray painting booth before the tremors became too bad, had a go at using one of those spray cans in it recently on a little project that I had cut out on me scroll saw. Not goin' to show you all the mess I made of that, but here's some images of me mini spray booth and its set up. I'm having a day outa the workshop today where I'm tryin' to build a small table set up for my Makita power planner and router, two very handy tools I have but two of which I fear most  :-[. But I'm getting there slowly considering that a few months ago I was considering gettin' rid of all and lookin' for something a little less dangerous to do. Again thanks for your comments I'll catch up again soon and let ya all know how my current project is travelin'.

Kev.

[/img][/img]

SMF

Teknoromi