Author Topic: Blade clarification please  (Read 5371 times)

Offline Dakota Saw Dust

• Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Blade clarification please
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2016, 01:46:14 pm »
Tony - You're still boss - yea right!     :)

Offline Hawkdave

• Adelaide, Australia.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2016, 02:24:46 am »
Yep Jim, I built my wife her own workbench in my shop. She turns up her radio and just has a blast! I put the sander and router table at her end of the shop, along with the various stains and let her do her thing!LOL I already figured out that the ladies; not men, buy more at craft and art shows, so, let her decide what would be more likely to sell! LOL I just stay at my end and run the saws! Of course, I am still the boss! ???

Tony,aka,Toneman

So, your still the boss hey!!!

I tried to find the right smiley above, but none fit the bill, so I had to find my own small smiley. LOL

My parents must have been psychic, as a child they were always telling me to 'Cut It Out'. So they knew a long time ago that I would become a scroll saw artist.

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2016, 07:49:03 pm »
I have a question regarding blades, I'd really like to hear from those who have used the different one's I am describing and their opinions concerning which is better or better for this kind of scrolling or whatever you think needs mentioning to help a newbie.

Flying Dutchman
Scroll reverse - two up teeth at the bottom
Double reverse - two sets of up teeth at the bottom
Ultra reverse - two down teeth one up tooth, repeating
2-way cut - appears to be the same as Ultra reverse to me, yet it is cheaper but tpi does change some

Thanks
Jim

I have use two of these blades the scroll reverse and ultra reverse both I like very well. I use a number one for everything, I like using the scroll reverse for single cuttings in all kinds of wood it cuts great tracks good and does help with the fuzzies or tear out. I like using the ultra reverse in harder woods or stack cutting or in ply like baltic birch, to me over the scroll reverse, the ultra reverse is able to cut both up stroke and dwon stroke and is more aggressive cut so it cuts harder woods and ply easier or at least for me it does. I do find I use the ultra reverse more since its more aggressive it cuts faster so have to take more control or you get a oops stray cut.

SMF

Teknoromi