Author Topic: Is there anyone?  (Read 3189 times)

Offline arkiewood

• View Profile
Is there anyone?
« on: December 07, 2013, 08:50:02 pm »
I was wondering if there is anyone near Mt. Home, AR that is scroller? I am trying to learn how to properly drill and cut patterns. I have a lot of questions and sure could use some help.

If someone would be willing to meet with me and teach some tricks to the trade I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks,
George
Let's make some saw dust!

countryscroller

Re: Is there anyone?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 09:33:11 pm »
I learned everything I know from watching videos on youtube of it. No doubt that Steve Good was the most help. He has many videos giving step by step instructions on pattern putting on and cutting out. On the left hand side of his page he has a section called Scroll Saw School. Also I have videos demonstrating whole projects start to finish. Not as much detail as putting on patterns and what not now, but my older videos around episode 1- 20 explain how better. I hope you can learn from these. www.youtube.com/countryscroller

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 12:44:34 am »
As another suggestion, go to lumberjocks.com where Sheila Landry has a class on scrolling that will walk you through the basics and into more advanced practices.  And it's  free.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline arkiewood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 09:20:10 am »
Thanks for the info I will check all those out

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 09:31:02 am »
If you don't mind a little drive, there is a scrolling club in Branson or at least there used to be.  Some nice people who would be a great help.

Offline mainberg

• Better than drivers' license pix
    • View Profile
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 02:48:39 pm »
Branson club is disbanding. The usual, people get older, move, etc. Ten years is often the life of different kinds of clubs. Think a couple of members are or were from northern Arkansas; will see if I can get a hold of someone.
Pat B

Offline arkiewood

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 06:19:00 pm »
Branson club is disbanding. The usual, people get older, move, etc. Ten years is often the life of different kinds of clubs. Think a couple of members are or were from northern Arkansas; will see if I can get a hold of someone.
Pat B

Thank you Pat I really appreciate that.

SMF

Teknoromi