Author Topic: Clock Inserts - Best Place to Buy?  (Read 2827 times)

Becky

Clock Inserts - Best Place to Buy?
« on: April 01, 2013, 11:13:13 pm »
I haven't done a whole lot with the mini click inserts (1 7/16) but I have some folks at work who go outside their job descriptions every year to help me out with an annual project and I like to scroll them little tokens of appreciation.  I've done keychain fobs with inlaid names and nameplates for their desks and small things like that.  This year I was thinking about making Steve's little alarm clocks for them.

I've checked several sites and Sloans looks to be the least expensive I can find.  Theirs are about $6 each and most other places are about $8.  Is there a quality difference that explains the price difference?

More to the point, where do you all get your mini clock inserts?

Thanks.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Clock Inserts - Best Place to Buy?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 12:31:13 am »
Hey Becky, the inserts sloans sells are a good quality insert. You can find better quality, but at a higher cost. You can find lower quality too, buy not at a better price. Go with sloans and the best price. I have bought hundreds from them and have had only one failure.
Dan In Southern California

Offline paul44224

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 05:37:37 am »
Like dgman, I buy mine from Sloans. Great quality, best price, great people to work with.

Paul

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 07:05:41 am »
Yep, Sloans for me, too.

Offline me5269

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 07:11:48 am »
I've bought them from several places over the past few years. As dgman and paul, Sloan's is the only place I/ve bought them from for the past year or so. People are nice on the phone, shipping is reasonable and delivery is fast.
- Mike

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 10:48:43 am »
Sloan's gets my vote too!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline bettyswood

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 12:57:28 pm »
Me too - Sloans the best.  Great customer service and great products.

Becky

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 09:04:43 pm »
Well, that sure sounds like a no-brainer then.  ;D  Sloan's it shall be!  Thanks for sharing your collective experiences with me.  I will place an order when I get done here this evening.

Becky

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 12:29:50 am »
Just an update.  If you read my post last night you may have smiled.  I had assumed I could order online.  I did call today though to order my inserts.  I also told the woman that I spoke with that I had posted on an internet forum asking about the best place to buy inserts and that every single reply I got said to call Sloans.  Needless to say, this info made her happy. 

I plan to cut the little alarm clocks - at least some of them - this weekend even though the work project won't be finished for at least a month.  It'll be nice to be ahead of the game for once.

Thanks again for the advice.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 09:56:56 am »
Hey Becky, you spoke to Rhonda, she and her husband David are great folks to deal with! I guess I forgot to mention that they don't have online ordering, but they give great phone service.
I have made dozens of the little alarm clocks. Last holiday season I tied some metallic cord to them and sold them as ornaments. I sold tons of them!
Good luck on yours!
Dan In Southern California

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 11:56:34 am »
Hey Becky!
Yes Rhonda is a very sweet and helpful person!
However I have an "All-in One" printer and I just write up my order, lay it on the feed tray, punch in their Fax number and press the 'Send' button and let 'er rip...
Quick, easy and efficient...and if there is a problem Rhonda calls me to fix it.

Love doing business with Sloan's!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Becky

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 09:50:34 pm »
I guess if you sold tons of them, Dgman, I am not the only person who thinks they are cute.  They should be a hit then.   :)

Unfortunately, my printer isn't so clever, Graybeard.  It only prints.  But it sure was cheap!  Maybe when it dies I will get one that faxes.

I'm just glad winter is finally losing its grip.  It is a joy to get back out into the shop.

SMF

Teknoromi