Author Topic: Clamp Lever that Steve Brought  (Read 1178 times)

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
Clamp Lever that Steve Brought
« on: April 10, 2014, 07:51:01 am »
I have had those clamps for a few years now I have an after market hegner type saw.
And I have only recently figured out why the ends of the blades are "Hockey Sticking" Steve's words not mine.
Adjust the top arm so that the blade is only just past the screw in the clamp that way it does not seem to do the sticking thing.
Even with spiral blades which I all ways have problems with "But no more"

This may not be news to some but thought some might find it something else to try.

***Merlin***
Try not! Do,
or do not
There is no try

Yoda "Empire Strikes Back" 1980

ChuckD

Re: Clamp Lever that Steve Brought
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 02:57:33 pm »
Thanks for the info Merlin.  I am thinking if you cut off a quarter inch off the blade then maybe better and easier to fit.  I do have problems with "Hockey stick" too and when you try to thread the bent blades thru a small hole it does make for problems.  :(:(:(

Becky

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 08:42:27 pm »
I had a question after reading about the clamp levers in my e-mail this morning.  Do you have to take the thing off and reposition it every time?  And then do you have to reposition it back to loosen the blade when you're done? 

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 07:25:34 am »
Becky: I'll sea if I can answer that.
On the side of the lever there is a button that can be depressed and when you do you turn the lever at the same time to rotate and reposition the lever to a different position.
I hope that is as clear as mud.  :P

If you get one of these levers you will sea how it all works, just a little hard to put into words.

***Merlin***
Try not! Do,
or do not
There is no try

Yoda "Empire Strikes Back" 1980

Becky

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 10:22:06 pm »
I was hoping you'd answer the question, Merlin.   Muddy or otherwise  :)  Thanks.

I do a lot of fretwork, mostly fretwork actually.  The thought of adding two extra steps to every blade release sounded like a pretty bad idea even though the thumbscrew frustrates me a lot.  The way you describe it sounds like it could become an automatic part of inserting the blade with a little time and use.  I'm not going to make a special order for one but next time I am buying blades from Mike (I still need to do my spring inventory), I'll try to remember to add one of those.  If I like it, I can always get another for the bottom clamp but I use that clamp a lot less than I do the top one so the thumbscrew is less an issue there.

Thanks again for clarifying that.

SMF

Teknoromi