Author Topic: Clydesdale and Colt finally finished  (Read 4420 times)

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
Re: Clydesdale and Colt finally finished
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2015, 02:42:41 am »
Looks great, especially for your 6th. I have only done 3 intarsia and 1 was small. Nice cutting and sanding. Also, don't apologize for painting the white. The colors look great.

Claymore

Re: Clydesdale and Colt finally finished
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2015, 03:43:11 pm »
Thanks Troy!   glad you like it and I was relieved when I cut glued the last piece in place, I think maybe it was a bit of a tricky one for a newcomer to attempt but I thought give it a go and as its make from scrap furniture from charity stores it will only cost me the time.
I am working on the large Kathy Wise Stag at the moment and have changed a few pieces so it will look more like our Red Deer Stags here in Scotland, it looks like it will work ok and if not its all practice. Now i have a bobbin sander and a Sand-Flea mop I'm hoping my finishing will improve and get nearer to the finish you guys/gals in the States do.
Thanks again and take care
Brian
ps I have now started to use Pegas number 3 and 1's for the Intarsia so my cuts are getting finer and it hasn't slowed me down too much (if i try rushing the blades bend which as you know is a no no for Intarsia )

SMF

Teknoromi