Author Topic: Looking for  (Read 4738 times)

Mainewoods

Re: Looking for
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2011, 07:24:40 am »
  Just for the record I can buy what I want when I want just big ticket items like that we both have to agree on that is our rule..

With ya on that one Chachi!  Same rule here.  Neither of us spends more than $200 without conferring with the other.  I will say, that the Porter Cable saw was a nice little upgrade from my Craftsman saw.  Might be an option for you if you can bear to wait on the 788.  I'd like a 788 as well, but with one getting ready to graduate HS and start college in the fall, we've got to keep a firm handle on the extra spending! :-\

OK Chachi, Tell your wife that WE won't let you play here with us any more until you  get the saw you want!
Dan, if I tried that one, I'd get told "You'll just have to tell your friends you can't come out and play!"   :P

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2011, 09:42:26 am »
MY wife is a quilter. What does that mean? She spends more money than me on fabric than I do on wood! In fact she spends more on quilting stuff than I do on wood working stuff!
Dan In Southern California

Chachi

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 10:15:52 am »
  Just for the record I can buy what I want when I want just big ticket items like that we both have to agree on that is our rule..

With ya on that one Chachi!  Same rule here.  Neither of us spends more than $200 without conferring with the other.  I will say, that the Porter Cable saw was a nice little upgrade from my Craftsman saw.  Might be an option for you if you can bear to wait on the 788.  I'd like a 788 as well, but with one getting ready to graduate HS and start college in the fall, we've got to keep a firm handle on the extra spending! :-\

OK Chachi, Tell your wife that WE won't let you play here with us any more until you  get the saw you want!
Dan, if I tried that one, I'd get told "You'll just have to tell your friends you can't come out and play!"   :P

Yeah I am looking at that one to I just don't know Which would be best for me at this time It is getting harder and harder to wait for the 788 but I am doing it Hey after all I did quit smoking 2 years ago so I think I can handle this........Dan My wife would say the same thing lol

Marshall

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 01:47:03 am »
Chachi : I got over 8 years out of my old Craftsman saw before the jaws wore out , and I still use it for detail sanding jobs on my ornaments . So the Craftsman scrollsaw is a good saw , but since I've brought my Dewalt 788 I've never looked back ....never knew it was such a great production saw ....good luck on the switch........

Chachi

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2011, 02:01:05 am »
Well Marshall that must have been before they started making shotty at best Products, If you read the reviews most of them have the same problems as I have so I just gave up. At this time in my life I can't afford the 788 but I am waiting and saving for it. so I hope to have it by next year some time lol.

SMF

Teknoromi