Author Topic: Looking for  (Read 4739 times)

Chachi

Looking for
« on: February 27, 2011, 04:32:55 pm »
A Craftsman 16" veriable(SP?) speed Switch from the model number 137.216020 I need the whole part from switch back to wireing harness if any one has one please let me know

TIA
                 Chachi

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 12:53:36 am »
Chachi
Just in case you are unable to find the correct part, contact your local Electric parts store. We have one in Grants Pass, OR by the name of Grovers, they carry nearly everything electrical. Lowes or Home Depot might help too. You might be able to get by with a variable switch meant for fans or lights. It probably wouldn't fit your saw but you could mount it anywhere and run the wires to the saw.
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Chachi

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 12:00:30 pm »
Thanks Gabby that is what I was thinking I might do if I couldn't find one..

Chachi

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 11:05:02 pm »
Tried the new switch idea it didn't even come on so anyone wanna buy a Slightly used Craftsman scroll saw 16 inch needs work 75 dollars plus shipping lol

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 03:20:53 am »
Are you sure it's connected properly?
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Chachi

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 10:24:06 am »
No not really because It has 3 different colored wires so today I am going to move them round while I have the power on I am thinking I may have it wired wrong (fingers crossed I do).

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 04:59:46 pm »
This may be of help to you. It is a router speed control.
Hope you get it running again.
Gabby

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001NIK6PC/ref=pe_58050_19042780_pe_vfe_t5
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Chachi

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 10:13:52 pm »
THanks Gabby But after I tore it all apart following the wires to rewire it I found that the board is burned  out and it would be cheaper to just buy a new one then to have this one repaired. So I will be parting this one out and puuting it on E-bay or something.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 10:37:47 pm »
OK Chachi, It's time to buy a DeWalt or an Excalibur! Don't delay, do it NOW!!! ;D
Dan In Southern California

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 03:03:05 am »
Bummer!
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Mainewoods

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 07:46:27 am »
OK Chachi, It's time to buy a DeWalt or an Excalibur! Don't delay, do it NOW!!! ;D

And if you buy today, Dan will throw in a free set of Ginsu knives!! :D

Chachi

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 10:35:53 am »
yes DAn Trust me I know Everytime I walk past the Dewalt display with the wife I always say you know here is some good points I learned about the Dewalt788 like Steve Good uses and she always says the same thing back after the Uhhuh and I'm sure it does/is I always get NO! it's to expensive so it will have to wait but I am wearing her down though. I now get one day we will be able to buy it for you. YES SCORE!!!

For now I am looking at the Ryobi (Sp?) one they have at Home depot I will never buy another toll from sears thats for sure well not any with a cord anyways  (I still like the hand tools).

And I would love to have them Knives Dan so what kind of a deal can you give me on those?.......

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 03:57:08 pm »
Be sure and check out the reviews on the Ryobi before buying. I found very little good said about it. They are a dime a dozen on Craig's list.
The Craftsman had much better reviews. I also found a source where it sells for around $80.00 new. Let me know if you want the link. I posted it in one of the other threads but don't recall which one.
Steve also did a video review of the Craftsman.
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Chachi

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 10:41:45 pm »
Yeah I know about Steves video that's why I went with the Craftsman SS but now I find out that so many others are having dang near the same problems as I am if I already took one back and the guy gave me aditude about bringing it back so instead I figured I could fix this one on my own (I am pretty handy) but everything I did nothing worked oh well lesson learned for now and until the wife caves and allows me to buy the Dewalt 788 or an EX here I sit looking at the reviews of the other saws I don't really want.
  Just for the record I can buy what I want when I want just big ticket items like that we both have to agree on that is our rule..

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2011, 12:45:10 am »
OK Chachi, Tell your wife that WE won't let you play here with us any more until you  get the saw you want!
Dan In Southern California

SMF

Teknoromi