Author Topic: Excalibur saw stand question.  (Read 1265 times)

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
Excalibur saw stand question.
« on: March 03, 2011, 06:45:06 pm »
Of those who have the scroll saw stand for their EX saws. How tall from the ground/floor to the top of the stand can you make the stand?

I'm in hopes about 36"s.

The reason I am asking. I'm used to having my scroll saw attached to my work bench with the rear of the saw raised. My new saw when I raised the back end and did not support the rear legs enough, vibrated too much. So I spent the better part of the day rearranging my work area to accommodate the Seyco stand and it is en-route. I'm just curious if I will have to build leg extenders for the stand as I'm 6' 3" tall and use a nice stool to sit and I don't want the saw too low.

Thanks for any feedback. I was told by ray that I can raise the rear legs with the levelers so I can still tilt my saw.

BTW  I really like my new saw.  My first project on my new saw.

Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Excalibur saw stand question.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 06:55:20 pm »
Hey Mike, I don't have an answer to your question, but tell us about your new EX21. Having sawn on a DeWalt for so long, How is it to saw on the EX21?
Dan In Southern California

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 07:08:14 pm »
Once I was able to troubleshoot the vibration.  Not the saws fault, totally mine.  This saw is built so that the vibration goes down through all 4 legs/feet.  I only had the front 2 supported to the floor.

I really like the blade change as I'm very familiar with it using the 788 for 11 years.  I like the quick tension release.  I would prefer a little wider table.  But I like the length of the table.  The saw is very quiet and stable and ran well right out of the box.  I really like that there is minimal front to back blade travel.  Is it worth the money?   So far-- I'd have to give a resounding YES!  I'll keep my 788 for a backup saw.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Bill P

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 07:37:11 pm »
Mike/Dunk,

My saw can go up to 31" from floor to top of the stand, 38" from floor to the top of the saw's table.

Bill

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 07:51:40 pm »
Bill,
Thanks for that I appreciate it.
Mike

HWPlmbr1

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 09:09:04 pm »
Nice crosses Mike!

woodie44

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 12:03:53 am »
Hi Mike/Dunk,

Seyco website says the stands are from 25 inches to 31 inches in two inch increments. A friend of mine has his stand set up so that the front legs are shorter than the back, and the saw tilts forward. It looks a little odd, but it works well for him.

I found that even at the lowest setting the stand raised the saw too much for me to sit comfortably at it. I'm in the process of making a simple stand 20 inches high, which I hope will work OK.

You'll find the stand damps down vibration, and I put small rubber buffers between the stand and the concrete which damped the vibration even more.

I liked the crosses - simple and elegant.

Paul.

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 10:24:36 am »
Thanks Harold and Paul!
Mike

SMF

Teknoromi