Author Topic: Please review  (Read 1341 times)

Offline overfifty

• View Profile
Please review
« on: January 24, 2014, 09:20:50 pm »
The following is the result of several days of reviewing material from several sources on GIMP and Inkscape. A big shout out to Mr. Ray Hayes for his patience in providing advice and succinct instruction on both. Please take a look and make any comments you feel may provide guidance in future endeavors. Note - this post would not accept the image run through [object][trace]. The resulting image is in red. Thank you, Barry.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 09:23:37 pm by overfifty »

Offline Tomsunnu

• View Profile
Re: Please review
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 10:36:55 pm »
An excellent attempt, there are a few floaters(no big deal we all have done that) which can be taken care of by the fill command in GIMP, that way all the unconnected lines will be highlighted ,do a undo and go back and just add connectors or delete it completely(depending on what you wish to keep or delete) simple as that and you are good to go. I hope this tip was helpful :)
Mahendra
mahendra

Offline overfifty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 11:49:04 pm »
Thank you Mahendra. By habit I keep a notebook and record these sorts of notes for future reference. Posting the image provides a different perspective. I could see right off that the hair needs work, and there's something missing from the face - pretty sure it's more detail but not sure what will make it excessive. Cheers, Barry.

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 02:26:48 am »
Nice work, Barry,
If you really feel that any changes are necessary to the face, perhaps a
continuation of the nose to include  the bridge of the nose.
God Bless! Spirithorse

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 09:57:42 am »
Looks good. You have the best, and most difficult, perspective since you know the person. The way you think of her affects your rendering, and makes you more critical of the final pattern.

The major features of the image are her beautiful eyes - yo have done a fine job there.

Hair is always difficult to get right. With fine, light colored hair like I see here, less detail (fewer, thinner lines) is usually better.

Don't try to capture every line in the face. It's better to let the imagination fill in some lines.

I attached a rendering for comparison - not better, just a little different and for comparison.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline overfifty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 04:22:24 pm »
You have an eye for beauty. She's 8 going on 18 with all the inherent challenges, and is very particular about her waist length hair. I tried not to overdo it but my attempts just made it look like a yacht mop... I guess with light hair less is more.  Thank you Ray and Spirithorse.

SMF

Teknoromi