Author Topic: Old loco  (Read 2969 times)

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
Re: Old loco
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2013, 12:15:01 pm »
 Ahhhhhhhh Martin if I send you my address and postage would you mail the loco to me???????????? Seriously!  you did a great job.  I would be framing that and hanging it on my wall.  I love doing fret work but *oh my* !  Thanks for sharing.
ChelCass

Offline Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2013, 07:15:10 am »
Ahhhhhhhh Martin if I send you my address and postage would you mail the loco to me???????????? Seriously!  you did a great job.  I would be framing that and hanging it on my wall.  I love doing fret work but *oh my* !  Thanks for sharing.

;D Five minutes before I sat at the computer, I finished framing it and hanging it on the wall. I found an old frame in a charity shop and backed it with black card.
Oops, I hope those marks above the 'smoke' are on the glass becaue I glued the train to the black card.

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2013, 01:16:18 pm »
Looks great!  Frame compliments the cutting.  Gotta love those charity shops for picture frames.
ChelCass

Spartan scroller

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2013, 09:29:35 am »
ya know Marty I think a lot of us aren't satisfied with a project we cut because we are so self critical.  I tell myself a couple of things.  Number one when you are cutting a pattern you are usually looking at it under magnification so every little imperfection looks like a huge gouge.  Secondly the person you give the project too isn't going to notice that you strayed off a line here or there  or over cut a space.  They are not going to be looking at every last little detail.  They are going to be overwhelmed by the time and care you took to make something for them and they'll treasure it forever.  Your old loco looks great so just sit back and enjoy the compliments and take pride in a project well done.

Regards,
Terry
terrysscrollshoppe.com
facebook.com/terrysscrollshoppe

Offline BigPete

• Bonnie Scotland !
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2013, 10:09:27 am »
Looks Just Great .... Pete
War does not determine who is right - Only who is left !

SMF

Teknoromi