Author Topic: LOL sorry I'm not sure what the Topic is, Pattern, How to make? what I found.  (Read 2310 times)

Offline Lorace

• View Profile
I found on YOUTUBE, under " Bluelighting TV" a tutorial where I made these two photos,  in photoshop.  ( also in youtube you can type in photoshop wood burning and it will bring it up)
Now this is my first try so need to  take my time next time,  and make it better.  but now that I have this.....   Is it a pattern I can use on my scroll saw?  I can reverse it in photoshop .   I have never worked with a project of a photo... so I am not sure if this will also work as a pattern.     If so you might like looking at the video.
Guess my question is...  Is this a pattern I can use to make a " real "  wood design.
If anyone want to see the lesson and cant find it.   I can add the link.
WOW this post is a mess.

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
The photo is small but it looks like it has a lot of floaters in it - those are the parts that are not cut away but are surrounded by cut space - like a raft floating on a pond. If you scroll all the way around a section, it will fall out. To be able to scroll it you need to add bridges to the pattern to support those floaters. Sometimes you can have a floater or two that fall out and you glue in place on the backer board, but you don't want a lot of small ones - too hard to get them back in the right place.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline Lorace

• View Profile
Awwww I understand now! So this method  Will not work for a
Pattern. Thank you.

pddesertrat

Looks to me like it would work as a first step and then load your picture into Gimp and edit it to make the bridges and such, however, doesn't seem practical when you can to it all from Gimp or Inkscape.  I'm just a novice pattern maker, but that is my take one it.

There are many tutorials here and on the internet about all the different ways to make patterns.  The is a lot to learn and for me it will take a lot of practice.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 12:13:07 pm by pddesertrat »

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
The tutorial on Photoshop should have included at least some mention of
how to check the pattern for floaters. You can use the BUCKET tool and flood
the pattern with a color. That will show you if each piece is supported somewhere
within the pattern to insure that it will not fall out.
I have not tried Gimp or Inkscape as suggested in a previous post but,
Photoshop will do the same thing to help you make a cuttable pattern.
God Bless! Spirithorse

SMF

Teknoromi