Author Topic: Corian British Bulldog  (Read 2497 times)

Claymore

Corian British Bulldog
« on: December 03, 2015, 01:30:00 pm »
Hi,
Here's what's been keeping me busy this week, a 100% Corian British Bulldog  (actually 100% if you ignore the 3mm plywood backboard)
I have been collecting Corian for a while now and had the colours that suited the dog so gave it a go  :)  it measures approx 9" x 9" x 1/2" and everything is Corian no paint..... the toenails are also solid Corian and measure around 2-3mm x 4mm and as they were too small to hold in my molegrips to saw them I engraved the toenail shape into the Corian toes keeping the outline as clear as possible and then glued a tiny piece of corian into the hole..... I then sanded it down flush with the surrounding toe.... fiddly to do but worth the effort in the end.
Corian is probably harder to match up than wood as the cuts have to be 100% square for them to line up ok but its doable if you have plenty of patience.
I will continue to do more Corian work and also combinations or wood and Corian and maybe even Pewter (have a few ideas in the pipeline) and also glass will definitely be included next year in one of my large pieces for the shows.
There's always something to do with ya scroll saw and I love experimenting.
Hope ya like him
Cheers
Brian
Ps as usual I took this photo with my pocket camera but will take a better one  so i can improve the lighting etc.

Offline KarlB

• Naples, Florida
    • View Profile
Re: Corian British Bulldog
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 06:37:29 pm »
Well done!  I bet it was fun working with the Corian.

Karl

Offline Brian Pardue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 08:22:31 am »
Brian,
the bulldog turned out very very nice. still looking for scrap Corian to give Corian a try

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 12:05:49 pm »
Excellently done Brian.  Thanks for sharing this idea and your art with us.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline crusty59

• View Profile
    • Wood Crafts by Chris
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 01:12:51 pm »
Thats fantastic! I tried cutting corion, it was hard for me. I have a bunch of it though

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 12:42:57 am »
Brian you certainly nailed this piece.  the Corian worked perfectly.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline woodworker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 05:00:33 am »
you do some beautiful work,a true craftsman, dave---ex Dumfries,now in australia

Claymore

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2015, 02:15:45 pm »
Cheers everyone!  I like using the Corian and have done a couple more (will post images later)
Dave you will be thankful your not in Dumfries at the moment!  its under water as we speak along with loads more places thanks to storms (Newton Stewart has 4ft of water flowing down the main street!)
We live on top of a hill overlooking Wigtown Bay so we do get damage from gales but no chance of flooding)
Cheers
Brian

Offline Hawkdave

• Adelaide, Australia.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2015, 05:19:32 pm »
Great job Brian. Is it a picture of your dog?

Dave
My parents must have been psychic, as a child they were always telling me to 'Cut It Out'. So they knew a long time ago that I would become a scroll saw artist.

Claymore

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2015, 04:29:45 am »
Cheers Dave,  no its not my dog..... I have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel called Hamish, quite a bit different to the Bulldog lol

Brian

SMF

Teknoromi