Author Topic: Pattern request or perhaps a future idea  (Read 3142 times)

Offline knottywoodcrafts

• This a my home built scroll saw.
    • View Profile
Pattern request or perhaps a future idea
« on: September 08, 2011, 04:14:10 pm »
There is one thing that I have not found and that is patterns for heater vent covers.  I had a friend who made a bunch of them for her house years ago but she passed away a few years back and I never got any patterns from her.  The ideas that she had were amazing.   I have been kicking the same idea around for a few weeks now and might post my designs designs if there is an interest. 
Hi my name is Tracy Ranson, my favorite quote is "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass.  It's about learning to dance in the rain."

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
Re: Pattern request or perhaps a future idea
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 05:38:53 pm »
Do you mean for the plastic deflectors, the little hoods or the flat ones?  Might be interesting to see what you come up with.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Chachi

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 06:27:21 pm »
Wow Now there is an Idea I never thought of that but what do you do?
 do you place them over the cover or the existing hole like a lightswitch cover?

It would be interesting to see what you could come up with.... That sounds like a great idea.

Offline knottywoodcrafts

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 12:50:04 am »
Do you mean for the plastic deflectors, the little hoods or the flat ones?  Might be interesting to see what you come up with.

I am referring to the flat ones.  I have several hand designed patterns that I will convert to something useful when I get a day off.  But if y'all are interested let me know and I will see what I can do in my spare time at work.
Hi my name is Tracy Ranson, my favorite quote is "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass.  It's about learning to dance in the rain."

Offline Fab4

• Go For It
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 01:11:56 am »
Hi:
I'm interested in seeing what you have here
Sounds like a winner
Thanks
Fab4
Paul (Fab4)

Offline knottywoodcrafts

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 07:52:51 am »
Hi:
I'm interested in seeing what you have here
Sounds like a winner
Thanks
Fab4

As many of you may of heard. I am disabled and my employer did not want to accommodate me any further so they let me go.  It was an act of discrimination on their part.  But now that I have more time on my hands I will be able to post some of the heater vent ideas that I mentioned earlier.

Chachi

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 12:07:38 pm »

As many of you may of heard. I am disabled and my employer did not want to accommodate me any further so they let me go.  It was an act of discrimination on their part.  But now that I have more time on my hands I will be able to post some of the heater vent ideas that I mentioned earlier.
[/quote]

Well I hope you have a laywer because if you live in the USA there is laws against that...

Offline knottywoodcrafts

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 08:38:02 am »
Do you mean for the plastic deflectors, the little hoods or the flat ones?  Might be interesting to see what you come up with.

Here is one example of a heat cover.  It does not have the air deflection slide as you would find in normal vent covers.  I am still working on the details. I will be selling these on eBay very soon.  I will be making them out of 3/4" oak or maple.  I will engineer a deflector system but not today.  To many things going on.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 08:52:21 am by knottywoodcrafts »

Chachi

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 10:00:52 am »
Those are really awesome I wouldn't think you would need a deflection system with those.. Good Luck on sales I hope you do well.

Offline beginner

• Maker of custom fire wood
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 10:13:47 am »
Very unique idea.  Thanks for sharing
Jim

cameronj

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 09:58:12 am »
They look great.  What prevents them from breaking if someone happens to step on it?
Thanks,
Jim

Chachi

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 01:49:25 pm »
I wouldn't think a person would use these for floor vent just wall and ceiling vents. but good questions if they did use it that way.

Offline knottywoodcrafts

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 09:03:15 am »
They look great.  What prevents them from breaking if someone happens to step on it?
Thanks,
Jim

That's a good question.  Since you brought up that question I am working on a solution.  I never stepped on one my vents usually have furniture blocking them.

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2011, 04:20:54 pm »
Beautiful patterns.  I'm wondering if they would not also make good fireplace screens.  If you painted the backside with fire resistant paint they might be able to use them when they have a fire going.........just a thought.
ChelCass

Dawie

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 11:37:35 am »
They look great! Will have to find a use for them here, but I am sure to come up with something. Keep up the good work.
David

SMF

Teknoromi