Author Topic: Teacher Appreciation  (Read 970 times)

Emac

Teacher Appreciation
« on: August 28, 2010, 10:31:59 am »
I have been thinking of something to do for my daughter for Teacher Appreciation when it gets here. School has just started so I have a little while. The pattern Steve posted a couple of days ago got me to thinking about it. I found a picture of an apple with Google image search and modified it. I was thinking about a tea light holder made out of some cedar I have. I worked on the pattern this morning and this is what I have come up with. Any ideas or suggestions are welcomed as this is the first pattern I have come up with. It is pretty simple because that is where I am as far as cutting right now.

Dawie

Re: Teacher Appreciation
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 02:54:18 pm »
I like all these things you have in the USA, just explain to me teacher appreciation, am I right to think that it's a special day where kids show their teachers that they are appreciated?
By the way I like your pattern and simple can be good, if it is for what I think it is may put the class and year on it somehow.
David

Emac

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 03:11:29 pm »
You are right. It is a day when students show appreciation to their teachers and sometimes bring them gifts. It gets costly when they have 5 or 6 teachers so something like this is an inexpensive gift that can be given to the teachers and would also make a nice keepsake for them. It is usually done in the month of May so we have plenty of time to figure out something.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 04:21:24 pm »
That is what teacher appreciation day is. Usually when they have several teachers you just give the home room teacher (1st Period) a gift. That is the way our schools do it.  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Dawie

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 10:20:45 pm »
Ok that's what I thought. I like the idea.
David

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 11:14:29 pm »
Check the BLOG for Friday's entry!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Emac

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 10:27:20 am »
The school my daughter goes to is a Christian school. She really likes all of her teachers and don't want to give just one a present. I modified the design and put a cross in the center of the apple. Then I printed it on the 5x7 photo setting on my computer. That way 2 patterns print on one sheet of paper. I have been cutting them out of 3/4" Ponderosa Pine and staining them. That way they can be used as Christmas ornaments. The pattern that Steve posted is great but I don't want to make 6 of them. I am thinking about letting her give them as Christmas presents and doing something else for Teacher Appreciation. I have been cutting some of the 3D patterns by Diana Thompson and the praying hands is my favorite. These are very small and delicate. I may make some of those later for Teacher Appreciation or by that time I may have found something else I like better.

SMF

Teknoromi