Author Topic: gifts  (Read 1178 times)

david45

gifts
« on: August 11, 2010, 07:43:18 am »
iam looking for gifts for christmas i 2 girls ages are 22 an 20 i have 2 grandkids well will have 2 ones on her way she due 20 of htis month my grandson is5 an my wife one son in law he chews i thought making something to spit in but i cant remember what it called any help please i dont have much money to spend cuz iam on disable money is tight

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
Re: gifts
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 08:02:45 am »
Hi David:

What kind of scroll sawing do you do?  I can think of many things that a young lady would like.  You could do some nice scrolled sun catchers that they can hang in a window with a suction cup.  Maybe some birds or butterflies or something that you know they like.

The children may like some plaques of their favorite characters or something on that line.  If they are too young to appreciate that (if they are babies) then maybe a plaque with their name and birthday on it somewhere would be something that their parents would appreciate now and they would cherish in the future. 

I think that anything you make for them will be something they will have from you that would be a wonderful keepsake.  Even a pretty ornament. 

Store bought toys will come and go but hand made gifts will be treasured forever.

Let us know what you decide and post pictures when you are done with them. :)

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 09:11:54 am »
For the young ladies, a small trinket/jewelry box is always appropriate.  Something small to drop earrings in.  For the children, depending on their ages, a step stool, tops, building blocks, lincoln logs, puzzles

The deacon

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 02:18:48 pm »
Something to spit in?It is called a cuspidor or spittoon.

Dawie

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 02:42:11 pm »
HI David I am posting a link for kids stuff, maybe you can get some ideas from it or even a pattern to make something.http://absolutelyfreeplans.com/PROJECTS%20FOR%20CHILDREN/projects_for_children.htm
Will check my favourites might have soemthing for the ladies stashed away there, if I find anything I think might help I will post it here.
David

Dawie

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 04:30:23 pm »
Don't know if the ladies are into wearing jewelry, Steve has a nice pattern fro intial earrings, they are quick and easy use little woood and are a great gift.http://www.stevedgood.com/initialearring.pdf
David

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 08:55:21 pm »
So many things that you can make. Check out Steve's patterns at http://scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com/8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

SMF

Teknoromi