Author Topic: need help finding pictures of kids  (Read 746 times)

saw dust john

need help finding pictures of kids
« on: August 10, 2010, 06:44:32 pm »
not so much a pattern as I need a lead

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My mother is 87 years old and at this stage in her life she wants nothing, needs nothing but still we are compelled to give her something at the holidays.

So homemade is always good and takes a load off my mind as "what to get her".

I have three sisters so I was thinking of making up a cut out of the four of us, in a general look of 1 boy and 3 girls.

I was thinking of lining up thin cut images of us from left to right on a small pedestal. Probably cut out our names in the wood beneath the images. Put them in age order, figure I would use images of ages about 5, 7, 9, 11.

I thought with those ages I could would have different size and looks for each child.

I was not going to use photos of us, just a wooden image of kids. My problem is, that silhouettes are just black images, and when I do a search for pictures of young kids I get a ton of pictures I don't want to use.

Can someone help me figure out how to find images of kids that I could use?

TIA

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: need help finding pictures of kids
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 09:36:52 pm »
How about just basic outlines of the 'kids' of the various sizes with the ages underneath and then apply photos of the four of you as children on the faces of the silhouettes?

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

saw dust john

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 09:47:49 am »
somebody (OILY) upped the bar by showing me something he did, so I can't go generic after seeing that.  I am going to have to learn to make a pattern of us and then cut that out.
Thanks for the thought

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 09:01:30 pm »
Contact Charile Dearing, artistic_cowboy30@yahoo.com or go to his site http://charlesdearing.com/. If you send him a picture he can make a pattern.  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

SMF

Teknoromi