Author Topic: HELLO MY SCROLLING FRIENDS  (Read 3976 times)

Offline RMorin

• View Profile
HELLO MY SCROLLING FRIENDS
« on: August 03, 2010, 10:43:18 pm »
I WAS WONDERING IF SOMEBODY CAN DO ME A TOMSTONE PATTERN THAT SAYS R.I.P. HERE LIES THE LAST DOG AND CAT THAT $&#% IN MY YARD THANKS ALOT HAVE FUN SCROLLING

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
Re: HELLO MY SCROLLING FRIENDS
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 02:09:02 am »
Ouch! I have to admit it's kind of funny but I would be swamped with hate mail if I did that pattern. Your on your own on this one. :)

grampa

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 05:35:14 am »
Hi , First of all I would like to say to all dog and cat lovers that this is a request and I like to try and help out if I can.  I have toned it down a bit and is just a bit of fun But if anyone is offended I will remove this post......Paul ;D
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 09:42:28 am by grampa »

Dawie

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 06:07:54 am »
I love animals but  am not offended by your pattern Grampa. I can understand the frustration if your lawn or garden keeps on being used as a public toilet by dogs and cats. I like it, it's a different way to show your frustrated.
Have two cats myself.
David

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 07:46:39 am »
LOL, I think it is funny. We have two cats, one dog and a turtle. Doesn't offend me. LOL  ::)  ::)  ::)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 07:52:28 am »
I'm with everyone else.  I think it is hilarious! I love my three kitties  (and all animals for that matter) and have had many dogs too in my life, but cleaning up after them goes with the territory.  NO ONE appreciates 'finding' someone's pet mess!  Sometime a little good humor can get the point across in a kind of friendly way. 

Great job on the pattern!

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 08:13:51 am »
Love the tombstone idea.  I have two dogs and they do their "business" in our back yard - which we clean up without complaint.  It infuriates me when someone walking their dog lets it do its business in our front yard.  If I catch them - I generally hand them a walmart bag so they can take it with them.  If i wanted it in my front yard - I'd let my own dogs go there.

Offline MadHatter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 08:14:39 am »
lol i love the pattern and i also own two dogs. thanks for making me laugh this morning. i am in no way offended either. i will be cutting this pattern soon.  ;D   ;D    ;D

Wandascroller

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 09:27:06 am »
I think the pattern is great & I have 21 dogs & 5 puppies at the moment - I am a registered breeder. I also love cats but don't have one as I live too close to the road.Itis too heartbreaking when they get run over.  It also makes me mad when pet owners don't clean up after their pets in public places.

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 09:39:18 am »
Another tasteful and humorous pattern Thanks Paul.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

thumbs

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 09:51:43 am »
Thanks Paul, I will will be cutting this one for sure. I have 2 dogs that we walk and carry a paper towel and baggie with us--a lot of people don't--Richard aka thumbs

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 10:05:48 am »
That pattern is just great!!! I live way out in the country but have a 6 acre yard.  I have a dog that weighs 100 pounds.  He is trained to do his business out in the trees or the fields.
But when company comes they think it is just oine big free toilet run for their dogs.
I'm from North Dakota

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010, 10:13:09 am »
This is a good reminder to clean up after you pets. I walk my dog every morning and carry poop bags with me and clean up when he's done with business!
Grampa, That's a good pattern!
Dan In Southern California

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 11:45:10 am »
Our City and Condo Assn. have laws about people not cleaning up after their animals and they DO enforce them.
I sometimes think we have too many 'cops' and don't need to go after this kind of stuff and then I step in some while barefoot and thank the city fathers for their foresight!

I'm going to make some of these and take them to our Senior Fair in October!

Thanks Paul!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

shissta

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2010, 05:32:10 pm »
Now thats a conversation starter

SMF

Teknoromi