Author Topic: Delta 20inch scrollsaw  (Read 1254 times)

Offline towdude3

• View Profile
Delta 20inch scrollsaw
« on: January 21, 2012, 02:56:05 pm »
Anybody have one of these? They are going on sale at woodcraft for 350.00. Are they any good. I know it's the same as the Dewalt 788 but I have a Dewalt that i'm not real crazy about. Any thoughts?

Mainewoods

Re: Delta 20inch scrollsaw
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 03:04:20 pm »
Just got told by my nearest Woodcraft store that they are no longer on sale!   >:(  A few folks here have them and seem very happy with them.  I've been wanting to upgrade for some time from my Porter  Cable saw, and a $350 price tag is do-able for me!  As much  as I would love to have a higher end saw, this is just a hobby for me and our current financial position forbids me from spending $800 - $1000. 
The person I spoke with checked with his manager, who told him they'll be going on sale again in February.  Got my fingers crossed!  ;)

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 08:15:55 pm »
If you expect the Delta is going to be any better than the De Walt you are going to be sadly disappointed....They are exactly the same saw only painted a different color.

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline towdude3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 09:24:08 pm »
thats what i was afraid of. I just don't care for the Dewalt. They should be on sale still. I just got the flyer and the sale does not start until the 28th. Looks like a good deal if you like that saw. stand,light & saw for 349.99.

Offline TheMelster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 01:56:59 pm »
 ;) I snagged one here in Madison Wis. at woodcraft. Comes with light and stand. I am enjoying mine, glad I made the purchase.
GO PACK GO

Offline Raptor66

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 06:08:18 pm »
Just bought one last Friday at Woodcraft in Dallas and I really like it.
Chris

SMF

Teknoromi