Author Topic: Book Review...Simply Wood  (Read 2354 times)

Offline TripleB

• Simply put, I love Scrolling!
    • View Profile
    • Scroll Saw Paradise
Book Review...Simply Wood
« on: September 29, 2011, 01:00:41 pm »
by Roshaan Ganief

I ordered this book from Amazon and received it a couple days ago, I'm not one to review books very often, however I really like the patterns and style that Roshaan presents in her book and thought I would share it with you.

I have nothing to do with the Author and do not know her, I simply like her book. She has a unique style that is simple, clean and elegant which I find very attractive. Some of her patterns are very simple, some are more advanced, but even the advanced ones are not that difficult. I have not made any of her projects yet, but I plan to in the near future, time has been an issue for me lately.

My only beef with the book is that copying or scanning the patterns can be a challenge with out first cutting the page out of the book, which is something I'm not fond of doing. I wish there was a way to get her patterns digitally.

Overall, I feel the money spent was well worth it, and I can't wait to start turning her patterns into wood. Here's the link if you are interested.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1565234405

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
Re: Book Review...Simply Wood
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 02:52:55 pm »
Thanks for sharing!  Looks like a good resource.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 06:19:56 pm »
I also have this book and really like it a lot!
The type and variety of patterns is different then most of the "scroll saw pattern books". It feels more like a woodworking plan book where every project requires a scroll saw, then the normal scroll saw books.
I actually looked at this book a couple of times in a store before I opened it and realized that it was actually a scrolling book.
I made the layered butterfly project, and applied the idea to a few other projects. very fun!

Bill P

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 06:26:18 pm »
I love this book.  The only down side was Lisa went through it and has now added more stuff to my Honey Do list.

I would recomend it to anyone who wants to take a step away from traditional patterns and remind themselves how versatile the scroll saw is.

Bill P.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 09:10:59 pm »
Hey Bob, Thanks for the review, Looking forward to seeing some new projects!
Dan In Southern California

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 09:39:32 pm »
Sounds like the book I have been looking for thanks for the review
Jimbo

thumbs

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 07:36:50 am »
Thanks for the review, Bob--I'm going to have to order that one. For $15 is seems like a great bargain --Richard aka thumbs

SMF

Teknoromi