Author Topic: Dragon update  (Read 1926 times)

SheGold

Dragon update
« on: August 12, 2011, 11:54:36 am »
Ok folks the last time I did the dragon I have laid out it took 4 days of cutting from about 8 am to close to lunch. Today I drilled holes for it.. Now I know why it took so long, there are 366 holes for inside cuts.. Wish me luck I'm not as young as I was last time LOL ;D ... Sheila in Tx

Offline Danny

• View Profile
Re: Dragon update
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 12:52:17 pm »
Wow!  366 inside lil t-tiny holes!  Sure wish I could see the pattern.  I am quite into Dragons.  Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 01:02:54 pm »
Sounds like a lot of work Sheila, but I know it will be worth it! I like dragons too, what pattern are you doing?
Dan In Southern California

SheGold

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 04:06:52 pm »
Well double checked that I had all my holes drilled had missed 7 so that brings it to 373.. DG this is a pattern I have had for years.. It was put out by the old Scroller guys.. I made one several years ago and my son got stupid and broke it.. I swear I'll have to hurt him if he does it again.. I'll be starting to cut Monday.. Have errands and such this weekend.. Sheila in Tx

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 04:09:01 pm »
Take pictures if you can. I would like to see it when you finish.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 05:58:15 pm »
Hey Sheila...I'll see your 373 and raise you 300!

I just got a pattern of an Indian Warrior that has an advertised 766 cuts...going to save that one for after Christmas when I have nothing else to do.

Please do a Work in Progress photo layout for us...

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 06:49:11 pm »
No wonder it takes you so long!!! I didn't know you had to count the holes too!!!

;D

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

SheGold

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 08:20:30 pm »
Theres always one laughing at Roger.. Ed I'll keep you in my prayers on your 766 cuts.. I'll try and get pics as I go Russ.. This is my youngest daughters Christmas.. She loves dragons.. Thanks everyone.. Sheila in Tx

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 02:23:28 am »
Looking forward to your progress reports, I like dragons too, but will probably never make one for myself. Wouldn't fit the decor of this old log cabin.
Now a garden gnome would be another story.  ;D
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

LHayes

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2011, 08:20:58 pm »
How do you ladies do it all???  I was on the computer this morning and the wife was mopping and waxing the floor, and it got me to thinking...yea us guys do that from time to time  :P

How in the world to you ladies cook, clean, take care of the kids (in our case they are grown and moved out, but we still have 4 legged kids), and still find time to do laundry, grow a garden and then........take up woodworking as well....  Now I know us'n guys help from time to time....if you can call it that, and sometimes we even cook on the bar-b-q, but there is no way we could every keep up with your ladies. 

Ever notice some of the top scrollers are women....maybe we need to take energy pills like the ladies take    ;D

marmoh

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2011, 08:30:13 pm »
Now I know us'n guys help from time to time ....
Am I missing out on something ????
I actually read your post with my mouth open gasping for air .... Marion

Chachi

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2011, 09:51:52 pm »
UMMM Excuse me But I am what we Men call a House B***H I do everything the wife would do if she was at home so and I work in my shop doing scroll or Jigsaw work and the answer to your question is simple they had /have kids so they build up and store alot of extra energy so when they get up in the morning they are buring off the day befores energy and building up todays and when the kids are grown and out of the house well they take up a hobby because they have the energy they built up from the day before but with no kids to chase they have no way to use it up so that is how they do it... ot at least in my vision thats how they do it.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2011, 10:13:40 pm »
How do you ladies do it all???  I was on the computer this morning and the wife was mopping and waxing the floor, and it got me to thinking...yea us guys do that from time to time  :P
Hey Larry I am a man, but I do 95% of the cooking, I do all the grocery shopping, I do 75% of the laundry and about 50% of the house cleaning. I still have time to work in the shop. It's no big deal!
Dan In Southern California

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 02:48:41 am »
Its called dividing your time wisely.  Oh and by the way I hate cooking I would much rather be out in the garage at the scroll saw than cooking a meal.  LOL

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

SheGold

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 07:03:38 am »
Marg I'm with you.. The older I get the less I like cooking... Sheila

SMF

Teknoromi