Author Topic: Up-Date from Huntsville, Alabama.... :+}  (Read 2002 times)

Offline Danny

• View Profile
Up-Date from Huntsville, Alabama.... :+}
« on: May 02, 2011, 11:38:11 am »
Good :-) Morning to ALL....
     I want to thank you all for you concern.  Gee it sure is GOOD to have so many Scrollin Friends.  Well fortunitly the area I live in was spared.  There was so, so much distruction eleswheres.  I am sure you all have been keeping up with the news about it all.  We were with out power for a lil over four days and it was a different way of dealing with the everyday things.  This is the first time the power was out for this long.  Normal was maybe a few hours.  The need for ICE was the most thought about from day today.  Charcole was a close second.  We had a gas grill so was able to cook the meats etc. Kind of enjoyed getting up normal at 5 am and heating my tea kettle with water for a few cups of coffee.  My Mom lives approx. a quarter mile from me and she is 84 years young, so I would take a thermost with hot water for her to use for her coffee etc.  Gas for the cars was a huge problem.  Long, long lines everywheres.  Generators were a real big seller and I tell you the noise they make is awful in the middle of the night.  We did not buy one.  Well the power came on last night (Sunday) at 8:20 pm and I couldn't believe that all my neighbors came outside as we did and we all cheered and kind of huged.  Was like New Years eve.  Someone across the street even had fire works.  Was really cool.  There are still areas without power, but news is all will have it by late Wednesday.
     Well again I want EVERYONE to know that his Forum we are part of is like
a part of my family.  Later....  Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Re: Up-Date from Huntsville, Alabama.... :+}
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 11:42:01 am »
We are glad to hear from you and especially glad you and your family made it through that disaster.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 11:48:03 am »
Good to hear from you Danny! Thanks for checking in.
Dan In Southern California

cameronj

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 11:56:07 am »
Great to hear from you, Danny.  Was wondering how many of the group may be affected by those storms.  But glad to know you and your family are safe.
Jim

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 12:14:01 pm »
So glad that you made out ok!

Tim2beupinAz

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 03:52:30 pm »
glad to hear all is ok now. We have keep those out there in our prayers this week. it is a awful thing but good to see so many come together there.

Spartan scroller

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 04:33:23 pm »
Danny:

So great to see neighbors come together like that.  The vision of everyone coming outside and cheering the return of the power made my day.

Terry
Terrysscrollshoppe.blogspot.com

ChuckD

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 06:07:09 pm »
I was just wondering.  Just how much help have we received from some of the other countries we helped in the past?  Never mind, think I know the answer..
I hope everything improves for you all soon.

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 06:09:28 pm »
Glad to hear you are all right. 

marmoh

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 07:04:39 pm »
So glad to hear you and your family are ok.  My sister lives near Lawrenceburg, TN and I was seeing what was missing them was headed your way.  Your description reminds me of Katrina except we were with out electricity for over a week.  Kind of brings you back to where we were years ago before all of this technology spoiled us.  Thanks for checking in and letting us know you are well. 

sbudinger

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 07:22:11 pm »
Glad to hear all is well. Our prayers are with those who may need them in the days and weeks ahead.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 11:23:55 pm »
Glad you checked in, we were all concerned for you Danny, and the rest who live in that neck of the woods who are dealing with Mother Nature's tantrums. Our prayers are with you.
Keep the storm cellar stocked.
Gabby
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 04:19:28 pm by Gabby »
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline heiko rettberg

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 01:32:35 am »
Glad to hear from you and fine that you your familie and neighbors are ok.

ShadowB6

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 10:32:10 am »
Always nice to read that someone has made out OK through times like this. I enjoyed reading your update.

bluesuede

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 10:45:41 am »
Good to know that you were fortunate enough to not be hit too hard, glad all is well...

Bruce ;D

SMF

Teknoromi